PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Moore, OK

Impromptu
08-15-2017, 12:39 AM
Just wanted to say hey! I have been watching Dave for 5+ years. I am currently 21, and working on getting my state shooters license, and getting my Type 54. I work for a company in Oklahahoma by the name of Arc Pyrotechnics Inc. I love to talk about Fireworks! So hi!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-15-2017, 02:11 AM
Welcome aboard Impromptu! Congrats on snagging a gig working for a pyro company. Lots of hard work, but at the end of the day (literally) a very fun and rewarding job I'm sure. Looking forward to hearing about some of your shoots!

chriskrc
08-15-2017, 06:51 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

vegassalute
08-15-2017, 07:02 AM
Just wanted to say hey! I have been watching Dave for 5+ years. I am currently 21, and working on getting my state shooters license, and getting my Type 54. I work for a company in Oklahahoma by the name of Arc Pyrotechnics Inc. I love to talk about Fireworks! So hi!

Welcome! It's good to see young people seriously engaged in pyro. You are the future of our great hobby & industry! Welcome aboard!

PyroManiacs
08-15-2017, 07:14 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

displayfireworks1
08-15-2017, 07:49 AM
I can feel your enthusiasm all the way in Pennsylvania. I see you are working for a professional company, which is great. I often hear from people that were following my videos when they were younger and end up working in the business in some fashion when they turn 18 or 21. I remember working some of those multiple day set up displays you mention in your other post and feeling a great sense of accomplishment hearing the audience cheer at the end of the display. I did not see you mention it, do you have Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat Endorsement? In your other post you mention you live in Moore Oklahoma, there is a great and rather simple history as to how the name of that town was created. There are other fireworks enthusiast and ATF license holders from Oklahoma that post occasionally on the forums.
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/ok/OK_15959.gif

Impromptu
08-21-2017, 01:40 AM
I can feel your enthusiasm all the way in Pennsylvania. I see you are working for a professional company, which is great. I often hear from people that were following my videos when they were younger and end up working in the business in some fashion when they turn 18 or 21. I remember working some of those multiple day set up displays you mention in your other post and feeling a great sense of accomplishment hearing the audience cheer at the end of the display. I did not see you mention it, do you have Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat Endorsement? In your other post you mention you live in Moore Oklahoma, there is a great and rather simple history as to how the name of that town was created. There are other fireworks enthusiast and ATF license holders from Oklahoma that post occasionally on the forums.
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/ok/OK_15959.gif

I do not have a Haz Mat endorsement, or a CDL. Our company has a driving team that transports all of our product for us so all we have to do is show up with the racks, and mortars. We build the rack pods, and then load using the product brought out to us. It's a logistics challenge, but we have a dedicated group of drivers that love what they do! As for the multiple day set-ups I love them, the show is much bigger, and better. The smaller shows are always fun as well! I really enjoy the smaller shows because 99% of the time there is food for us! Pyros get hungry you know! Like you were saying about young people watch your video, then join a pyro company, that was me. I started watching around 5 years ago, and am 21 now! Two years ago I just walked onto the shoot site in Moore, and said I want to learn about pro displays, and they took me under their wing, and have taught me so much! I'm so thankful! Thank you for your videos as well! We had a finale chain break, and I used Daves Magic Tape to fix the chain! Thank you!

Kenny East
08-21-2017, 05:59 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk

jknepp1954
08-21-2017, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forums.
Next year in 2018 the NFA is having their convention in Witchita, Ks. - just due north of you. What probably like a 2 hr drive - consider taking that in - usually week after LAbor Day.