PDA

View Full Version : resizing a mini canister shell

Pyroman83
08-13-2017, 09:27 PM
is there any way to get the mini canister shells to shoot out a normal tube like wrap in tape or bushing it out somehow.

Kenny East
08-13-2017, 11:32 PM
Ever seen boss shells? Their called "boys of original sin" by behai... Basically a mini can put inside a 1.75" plastic ball shell, get some plastic shells and cut a hole in the bottom, glue it in. Tape over the outside a bit... May want to add a bit more lift powder to accommodate the extra weight

djsmurf
08-14-2017, 12:26 AM
Is there an issue with shooting it out of the proper mortar? As Kenny said you can make it fit however break hight will be affected.

Pyroman83
08-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the replies its just they are cheap and I don't have a rack to shoot them so I guess I will gradually move to them and I have been breaking off the bottom of the mortar they come with and been sticking them in my rack I have three so far was just thinking there might be something like originally thought about weatherstrip tape thanks anyway.

chrish
08-14-2017, 03:35 PM
you can buy 1.2" DR9 HDPE mortars for them. i have bought a few for this purpose. pyroboom.com sells them (they are a sponsor so i suspect it is ok to single them out) they are pluggeg and ready to go. the fiberglass ones that comes with the shells are usually in really roung condition and very thin.

also most of the really cheap festival balls last year were 1" cans with a ball hot glued around them. this gives very little addional weight. a big ball of tape is going to be too heavy. i have used all kinds of methods to try and shoot these undersized kind of shells. fianlly i jusy said the time wasn't worth it and just bought the right sized mortars, hence the ones above.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-14-2017, 04:23 PM
I found a good use for the 1" can shells--take the lift out & put three of them on top of a 6" shell. Makes nise "rising flowers" when they go up. Other than that, you might want to get some mortars for them chrish said.

Kenny East
08-15-2017, 04:36 AM
First time i ended up with a bunch of mini cans by virtue of a freebie... I used most of them for shell inserts. I haven't bought any since, was given a couple kits of them this year that had fiberglass tubes... May make a smaller poor mans rack out of them.