PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale Questions

georgiapyro
08-19-2011, 05:41 PM
I am a new member to the forum and looking for some help when it comes to wholesale. I have always bought retail, but this last 4th I decided to order a larger amount. I ordered from Bigs, but realize that I could get more from a wholesale dealer.

I really would like to "up the ante," so to speak in my shows in the future. Any suggestions on the best place to go? I would really prefer to keep at $1000, or even a bit less.

Also, I am just outside of the Atlanta area. It would be great if I could pick up my order, rather than paying for shipping.

Any comments or suggestions would be great!

jknepp1954
08-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Bigs I just found out recently has a retail store in SC - but if they wholesale out of there, I do not know - you would have to call and find out.
Also there is a wholesale store in Florida, but not sure of their location/name - will have to pm you when i find out anyway, as i don't think they are an advertiser on here.

FRWKSFAN1
08-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Welcome Georgiapruo. As you're probably aware, when you buy wholesale, most often (If not always) the wholesalers will require a minimum purchase $ amount and you will need to purchase by the case. Therefore, if you're alone in the purchase, you will end up with multiples of the same item. A lot of the 500 gram cakes will come 4 to a case. So, if you don't have anyone else purchasing with you will end up with 4 of the same item. I would encourage you to get some buddies to go in with you or get into a fireworks purchasing group so that you can buy wholesale and not end up with a lot duplicate items. With that said, you are correct, you can get a lot more for less money when purchasing the wholesale route. Best of luck.

Pyro Ian
08-20-2011, 03:06 PM
I would recommend you a good wholesaler within driving distance from you but appears that is violation of rules on here. Check with wfboom, or someotheer advertisers on here that ship wholesale orders, for a wholesale order, but IMO shipping sucks unless doing a buywith people in your town.

displayfireworks1
08-20-2011, 03:23 PM
I deleted a post here and wanted to leave a message about questions that pop up about fireworks cheap or wholesale. The one main rule I have here is not to advertise or sell anything on the forums unless you are an approved advertiser. Please do not encourage others to violate this rule by having them post fireworks links to fireworks companies that are not my advertisers. Since the content of most of this website is free to you the user, I need people that sell fireworks and fireworks equipment to help me run this site. If for some reason you feel compelled to advertise for them I will have to caution you against doing so. I have approached many of these fireworks companies to advertise with me and still welcome them to do so. I welcome companies selling fireworks and fireworks related items from all over the USA and the world. I would also encourage the members of this site to support my philosophy on this and purchase fireworks from my advertisers. If someone new is looking to purchase fireworks please tell them to visit my sponsor page on pyrotalk.com.
If you want to get discounts on fireworks this would be my advice to anyone.
-Spend over $1000.00 on your displays.
-Do not buy your fireworks one piece at a time, but everything by the case.
-Be more than a once a year fireworks customer
-Pay cash for your fireworks
-Do not wait until two days before the July 4th holiday to purchase fireworks.
The list can go on and on, the same general economic principals that apply to any product for sale also apply to fireworks i.e. supply, demand, availability ,geographic location, method of accepting payment cash credit , shipping etc.

If you really want to be a fireworks buyer and user. GET YOUR ATF LICENSE TO PURCHASE 1.3 FIREWORKS. When you purchase 1.3 fireworks all that consumer marketing buy one get one, special discount cards etc is over. You will establish yourself as a professional user of fireworks and pay around the same general price for 1.3 no matter where you live in United States. You will also find many 1.4 dealers will give you a discount on their 1.4 product because they know you are more than a seasonal customer.
This is another reason why I want you to patronize my advertisers because they want you to buy their fireworks, help you to get your ATF license and be more than a person looking for cheap fireworks. I personally have driven long distance and paid a premium for good quality fireworks.
If you are user of fireworks these advertising rules will never affect you. So please be a user of fireworks and let me deal with the fireworks companies.
Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com Aministrator

indianahx
08-20-2011, 03:31 PM
If you're looking to spend 1000 all by yourself at wholesale, multiples of an item are not necessarily bad. Especially if you're doing a front, multiple shoot stations, ect. This is especially a good thing if you have a good firing system to use.

Having said that, what the other post said about getting buddies to join in....a huge plus. Think of what you could stash up on if, say, 4 people went in with $1000 each. Now you've really just upped the ante. Good luck.

georgiapyro
08-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks for all of the comments. I'm looking forward to making my first wholesale purchase sometime in the not so distant future.

Also, I know WFBoom is an advertiser. Any words of wisdom dealing with them?? Really not too familiar with their products.

J's12talk
08-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks for all of the comments. I'm looking forward to making my first wholesale purchase sometime in the not so distant future.

Also, I know WFBoom is an advertiser. Any words of wisdom dealing with them?? Really not too familiar with their products.

If you buy in feb. you will get 40% off of wholesale. You will have to purchase $1500 worth of product to qualify but after the discount you will be well under your $1000 limit. Wfboom is the place to go for cakes, great prices, great product.

Palermitano2
08-21-2011, 12:14 PM
If you buy in feb. you will get 40% off of wholesale. You will have to purchase $1500 worth of product to qualify but after the discount you will be well under your $1000 limit. Wfboom is the place to go for cakes, great prices, great product.

Well said I buy the bulk of my stash in february as well......