PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Questions in Texas

Presto
08-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Hey guys I have some questions about Magazines and was hoping to get some guidance.

1. Can a Magazine be store on property that I do not own? My uncle has 56 acres and is more than happy to let me have anything I need out there but I don’t own it. If I need some “legal” right of possession would a lease satisfy that requirement? Or If I am the only one with the keys is that sufficient?

2. There is currently a storage shed built out there, would this shed be suitable to house a type 4 indoor magazine (wood lined job box)? I have attached pictures of the shed.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2633&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2634&stc=1

3. If the shed would work, it is only about 100 feet from the road, do indoor magazines have to meet the distance requirement from a road way?

4. If I do start with an indoor magazine, is it a simple process to get an outdoor magazine approved at a later date?

shake the cove
08-12-2017, 08:41 PM
My ATF agent said it had to be 150ft from the road and also nearest house[neighbor] but not your residence. I see no problem if your uncle gives you written permission but then again you are dealing with the government:p

displayfireworks1
08-12-2017, 09:24 PM
I see you are from Texas. Prior to joining the discussion forums have you read any of the information on the forums about Texas and other fireworks enthusiast that have gone this path? Did you purchase my DVD ATF package and or have an understanding of the process? Also what large city in Texas are you close to. I want to get an idea of what ATF catchment area you are in. My initial thought is you are looking good on that building. There may an issue with some of the locks. So far you appear to be on the right path.

Presto
08-12-2017, 09:28 PM
I am closest to Fort Worth. I read up on a lot of this and understand the process. My initial thought was the locks on the shed door need to be upgraded, but since this was an existing structure I didn't want to make any changes if it was too close tot he road anyways. If this is too close to the road, then I will just go the route of the outdoor magazine.

displayfireworks1
08-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Not are roads are created equal, it is based on the amount of traffic on the road.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-14-2017, 01:04 AM
I sat through the ATF briefing at PGI this past week. He told us there is no distance requirements for an indoor magazine. The only problem there is, you're limited to 50lbs of explosives vice the 1000lb limit for an outdoor magazine.

Presto
08-14-2017, 02:29 PM
I sat through the ATF briefing at PGI this past week. He told us there is no distance requirements for an indoor magazine. The only problem there is, you're limited to 50lbs of explosives vice the 1000lb limit for an outdoor magazine.

I measured the distance from the shed to the road yesterday and it's 82 feet. Since it's so close I think I am just going to go with an outdoor magazine and not be limited to 50 pounds. So I guess the real question is what is the easiest way to build an outdoor magazine?

displayfireworks1
08-14-2017, 04:12 PM
You want build an outdoor magazine. Read this thread and look at the pictures in the thread. Forums member Bezerk posted some great information in this thread.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?4390-Storage-Magazine-Questions&highlight=bazerk+magazine