PDA

View Full Version : Hello From a New User

BillRoss
08-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Hello all.
I am new to this forum and thought I post a message to introduce myself. Have been lurking here a while reading the forum and viewing Dave's videos on pyrotalk. I am 62 years old and retired. I have noticed that there are a number of folks from Western PA here and thought I should mention that I live in Beaver County PA.
I have had no interest in fireworks until this past season. It started in early June when I received a flyer in the mail from Phantom. I was about to trash it but decided to look it over. I remembered my teen years and how much I enjoyed simple firecrackers, so I decided to get a few to share with my adult children and my 3 1/2 year old grandson. We all enjoyed them so much and I began to take advantage of post season sales and stock up for next year (all 1.4 consumer fireworks). So far I've purchased a dozen cakes, quite a few styles of rockets, some re-loadable mortar shells, single shot mortars and a number of small items. My grandson really enjoys ground blooms, fountains & aerial spinners.
I live within easy driving distance of 5 stores, two in Ohio and three in PA. I also drive right past Kellners once a month so I plan a visit there before they close for the season. I have acquired a PA permit so I guess I'm good to go to purchase and transport.
I am so looking forward to next season when I can shoot off more than firecrackers! I will have lots of questions for you folks that I will post in the appropriate forum sections. I'm even considering a cheap firing system after watching Dave's videos of inexpensive Chinese ones.
I have already learned so much from reading this forum and I thank Dave and all of you for that. What a great resource!

WithReport
08-12-2017, 10:45 AM
I too joined the forum this year. I've used it for years as my shows have become more and more involved over the past years.

I'm over in Washington State and I'm so jealous of all of you over there in Pennsylvania and Ohio within easy driving distance of 5 stores.

Yes, a big thanks to Dave and all the members of this site.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Bill. I'm sure you will find lots of people in your area that you can connect with. Once you "smell the smoke" it doesn't get out of your system! LOL.

PyroManiacs
08-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Bill! Love your story! Im right up in Erie, a bunch of other pyros up here as well.

Just out of curiosity, was this permit one purchased at one of the stores?

BillRoss
08-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Just out of curiosity, was this permit one purchased at one of the stores?

Yes indeed. $22.00 from F & V Fireworks in Enon Valley PA. Issued by the Boro of Enon Valley and only permits me to use the fireworks in their boro park and only on July 4 from 8-10pm.

Are there any decent consumer fireworks stores in the Erie area? One of my sons lives in Titusville and I told him about Phantom in Erie.

PYRODAN
08-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Greetings and salutations!

PyroManiacs
08-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Issued by the Boro of Enon Valley and only permits me to use the fireworks in their boro park and only on July 4 from 8-10pm.

Are there any decent consumer fireworks stores in the Erie area? One of my sons lives in Titusville and I told him about Phantom in Erie.

Interesting.

You are very close to http://wfboom.com/ right in Hubbard Ohio, I recommend waiting until Jan/Feb to take advantage of their 40% off case special.

BillRoss
08-13-2017, 07:20 AM
Interesting.
You are very close to http://wfboom.com/ right in Hubbard Ohio, I recommend waiting until Jan/Feb to take advantage of their 40% off case special.

That store is on my radar and I have already calculated that it is a 50 minute drive from my house. So it is very do-able. What I didn't know was that they would have a 40% off sale in the winter. Thanks very much for that tip! This is why I love this forum.

jknepp1954
08-13-2017, 07:39 AM
Welcome Billross - we have a fireworks store in Central Pa. About a 3 hr drive - located at exit 133 just off I-80. If you are over this way - stop in. Sometimes it is better to drive a few more miles to get better product. And as always - we do 30% off our RETAIL pricing to the FORUM members plus our VIP Program. Brings it down to not quite wholesale - but very good RETAIL pricing.
We also offer wholesale pricing as well. Shortly we will be doing our annual FALL/WINTER pricing on cases.

nayslayer
08-13-2017, 08:20 AM
Welcome aboard, thanks for sharing your story.

vegassalute
08-13-2017, 08:23 AM
Lots of 'smoke smellin' going on lately. It's awesome to see new pyros coming on well after July 4. These are the guys with the true pyro-passion! Welcome to the group!

chriskrc
08-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you.

shake the cove
08-13-2017, 08:55 PM
Plenty of good suggestions. Lot of these are Daves sponsors, look them up and starts your wish list.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-14-2017, 12:20 AM
Welcome aboard Bill!! Nice to meet another new pyro. As some have already indicated, there are lots of good deals on fireworks if you have the right budget and act early. A few of Dave's sponsors drop their minimum purchase requirement for wholesale pricing just for Pyrotalk members. So be on the lookout for that too!

djsmurf
08-14-2017, 01:18 AM
Depending on where you are pulling any extra PA permit should be simple, looks like you have some good options to buy stuff. I do 1.3g shows in PA all the time so if you have questions ask away.

Wholesale Fireworks
08-14-2017, 10:36 AM
That store is on my radar and I have already calculated that it is a 50 minute drive from my house. So it is very do-able. What I didn't know was that they would have a 40% off sale in the winter. Thanks very much for that tip! This is why I love this forum.

Bill
Welcome to the forum and we look forward to meeting you in person someday. Keep checking out our website or contact me directly to make sure we get you on our email list. We always offer a 40% discount throughout the year, but the amount you need to spend to get that discount varies. We WILL be lowering that amount again for the winter so keep an eye open. The new discount structure should be available after Labor Day.