PDA

View Full Version : Old Snakes for $15.00

displayfireworks1
08-11-2017, 08:39 PM
I sometimes wish I knew more about older fireworks items. I saw these for sale at the Comic-con in Pittsburgh. The guy wanted $15.00 . I offered him $7.00 and he refused. I was hoping for a counter offer but he placed them back in the case. Anyone know anything about them?
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2631&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2632&stc=1

vegassalute
08-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Me too. I also wish I knew years ago that fireworks at that time would become collectors items. I saw a photo someone posted from PGI the other day of a box of planes flying at night, the box artwork from the late 80s early 90s brought back so many great pyro memories! I also saw some vintage stick rockets posted with names such as clustering bees and red meteor rockets! Maybe we should be setting aside a small percentage of our stashes each year now because in 10 years maybe these too will be collectors items!

I don't even want to think about how many collectors items would exist in a few short years if this CPSC bullshit comes to pass! I'd hate to think the golden years of 1.4 could be behind us.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-12-2017, 12:19 PM
I don't even want to think about how many collectors items would exist in a few short years if this CPSC bullshit comes to pass! I'd hate to think the golden years of 1.4 could be behind us.

Very true!! I saw all kinds of "vintage" fireworks here that I used to use as a kid back in the 70's. I was thinking about buying some of it, but I would have felt bad shooting it. It's survived all this time. Hopefully the CPSC stays the hell out of our pyro lives and we won't have to see the art die by the wayside.

PYRODAN
08-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Hey Rick, good job reporting from PGI!!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-14-2017, 12:42 AM
Hey Rick, good job reporting from PGI!!

Thank you Sir! I still have lots of videos to upload. It took forever to get home yesterday due to all the storms around Dallas (the hub we flew into) to Florida. Left Fargo at 2pm Sat and didn't get home until 1am Sun. Long day. But I'll get the rest posted soon!

Biggest take-away from PGI this year is that all of the old 1.4G vendors are invited back. Should hopefully make the prices lower. We'll see!