PDA

View Full Version : Excited new firing system and mortars

Rootbryon
08-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Because of this web site I purchased a firetek system with 5 mods and a truck load of mortar tubes from xfx. Was a great experience working with them. Even had Michael j fox deliver them up here to michigan very nice guy. Firetek helped me out right away with a problem I had getting software to work on my computer. Great people. Great website.http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2616&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2617&stc=1

displayfireworks1
08-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Those FireTEK modules look like piece of military equipment don't they.

Rootbryon
08-09-2017, 09:44 PM
They look great very pleased so far

WithReport
08-09-2017, 11:22 PM
Congrats!!!!!

I used FireTEK for my July 4th Show. I'm very pleased with it. You can find my video on the forums here. I had a 48E module for the 4th, but purchasing a 48Fx module from XFX, too. Did you get the Audio option on the remote?

Please let me know how things go with it.

What software are you using?

Pyrojoy
08-10-2017, 01:08 AM
Here are a few pictures of my set ups using it this year so far. I have the FTM-99n and 6 mods 9 3-way splitters and 4 2-way splitters. I will be buying more mods later this year and posting some simple how to vids.

https://youtu.be/OPQeyhoQgDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQeyhoQgDk&feature=youtu.be

Rootbryon
08-10-2017, 07:39 AM
I did get the audio option I plan on picking up another 5 early next year. Software from firetek I had trouble setting up. Right now I'm looking at shows Sim and Finale software was hoping to get input on software before I buy one.

WithReport
08-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Rather than the FireTek software I used Pyro Ignition Control that was recommended by FireTek. The FireTek software was used to load the program into the modules. It worked well. I was able to find a series of how to videos on the web for Pyro Ignition that were helpful.

PyroManiacs
08-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Those FireTEK modules look like piece of military equipment don't they.

Back before my our Brigade converted to all digital equipment, we used equipment that looked just like that....all day long, lol.

Pyrojoy
08-10-2017, 01:47 PM
I did get the audio option I plan on picking up another 5 early next year. Software from firetek I had trouble setting up. Right now I'm looking at shows Sim and Finale software was hoping to get input on software before I buy one.

Pyro Ignition is simple and free. I created my first pyromusical with it. I looked at the others but they were just more than I wanted to spend especially when I want to get my que count up. You can also do rack set up with it

WithReport
08-10-2017, 03:25 PM
You can also do rack set up with it

Yes, I thought that was very helpful for my little show. It spit out a nice sheet that indicated the delay between each shell(I had variations in delays) I just multiplied that value by the speed of the fuse, marked off the distances on a length of fuse and then chained them all up. I'm new to all this so maybe the others have the same capability.

For where I was using the cat5 splitters to launch things in parallel, I created a dummy module in Pyro Ignition. It allowed me to keep track of my inventory.

Pyrojoy
08-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Yes, I thought that was very helpful for my little show. It spit out a nice sheet that indicated the delay between each shell(I had variations in delays) I just multiplied that value by the speed of the fuse, marked off the distances on a length of fuse and then chained them all up. I'm new to all this so maybe the others have the same capability.

For where I was using the cat5 splitters to launch things in parallel, I created a dummy module in Pyro Ignition. It allowed me to keep track of my inventory.
When I used the splitter I just duplicated that cue and was able to keep track.
The other software especially Finale has rack setup but I was happy with the free software and the rack setup portion was a plus. It's like when you buy a FireTek system you get alot free and the ability to do complex setups or shows from the beginning at no additional cost. Im enjoying the system wish i had more shows i would even go to other places to shoot just so I could use the system.

Rootbryon
08-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Is there any good YouTube video on use pyro ignition.

Pyrojoy
08-10-2017, 06:13 PM
I haven't found any

WithReport
08-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Check PMs sent out

Rootbryon
08-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Thank you pyro joy your shoot set ups look good

Pyrojoy
08-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Thanks I appreciate it.