PDA

View Full Version : Tools and safety equipment

hawkeye0323
08-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Hello everyone,
Just starting out in the hobby and was wondering what kind of tools and safety equipment everyone suggests. I don't want to show up empty handed looking like an idiot.
Thanks in advance.

djsmurf
08-08-2017, 10:28 PM
I'm sure I'll miss some stuff and depending on the shoot needs differ. Hammer, Drill, poke, edge Utility Cutter, wire strippers, knife, water, sunscreen, hats help. For the shoot, hard hat, face shield or safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, fire proof pants and long shirt or jacket.

displayfireworks1
08-08-2017, 10:31 PM
I looks like you covered it pretty well. Add Bug spray also.

WithReport
08-09-2017, 12:35 AM
What about the Magic Tape???? :o

Would we add flashlight/headlamp

Kenny East
08-09-2017, 05:49 AM
Anvil cutters, great for clipping off visco or ematch ports to build chains

hawkeye0323
08-09-2017, 07:03 AM
I think I have all of that stuff. Just don't have a brass poke.
Thanks again for the awesome answers.

shake the cove
08-12-2017, 08:46 PM
I'm sure I'll miss some stuff and depending on the shoot needs differ. Hammer, Drill, poke, edge Utility Cutter, wire strippers, knife, water, sunscreen, hats help. For the shoot, hard hat, face shield or safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, fire proof pants and long shirt or jacket.
Yea pretty much what djsmurf said, I bring my own cooler,pop up tent rolling seat and bucket. I bring 3 light sets a hand held and two headband types. I also bring 3 walkie talkie type radios to comminicate when testing continuity.

hawkeye0323
08-13-2017, 10:36 AM
That's a good idea about the radios. Do most people have them?

hawkeye0323
08-13-2017, 11:32 AM
That's a good idea about the radios. Do most people have them?

vegassalute
08-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Here are my additional recommendations if you're manufacturing: non-sparking tools & equipment, head, eye, ear and hand protection. Cotton cloths with fire-retardant overwear. A copper plate to "de-static" your body when entering your workshop. Can of static guard as a precaution if you're working with flash or other volatile mixed compositions. I also suggest starting a pyro library and read read read. Also join manufacturing hobbyist forums and create a network. No question is a dumb question. Remember, even the most basic chem or composition can be fatal and what you don't know can possibly kill you (God forbid). I spent over a year reading & learning before I attempted even my first batch of BP. Be safe and have fun! Be sure to share your progress!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-14-2017, 12:58 AM
I think I have all of that stuff. Just don't have a brass poke.
Thanks again for the awesome answers.

Here you go. $6. Delivered.
http://www.blasterstool.com/plasticpowderpunch6.aspx