PDA

View Full Version : Clubs in or near Louisiana

bigmike79
08-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know of any firework clubs in or near Louisiana? I'm interested in going! Any help is appreciated.

displayfireworks1
08-04-2017, 06:48 PM
You know one of advertisers Pyrotecnico has an office near New Orleans. Have you ever considered working as a helper on some professional display near you. You can meet and network with some other pyro people. Do you think that is something you would like to do? Of course there is some physical work involved. It appears you are a reasonable distant from New Orleans

BhadDawg
08-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know of any firework clubs in or near Louisiana? I'm interested in going! Any help is appreciated.

Not that I am aware of, just started really looking myself. I will post of PM if I find any.

PyroManiacs
08-05-2017, 09:15 PM
If there are areas where there are no clubs, how hard would it be to start one...in general?

BhadDawg
08-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Good question....

Would take a large enough group to afford a magazine and insurance at least, and what after that I do not know. Looks like a club would be quite an undertaking as the founders would have to be prepared to take on the burden of recruitment, retention, fundraising, etc.

Not being Mr. Negative, just realistic. Would love to be wrong about this.

displayfireworks1
08-06-2017, 06:57 AM
If you went back to look at the origins of most of these fireworks clubs I would bet most started with just a few guys getting together on a piece of properly and shooting some fireworks . It starts like that then developers. That is if you want to run it as a non-profit venture. The main two elements to start in my assessment are . 1. A piece of property that gives permission and 2. A town that has no problem granting permission to do this 1 to 3 times a year. And you need this permission consistently every year. It will help tremendously if one of the people that own the property is a member as opposed to someone letting you just use their property. The property and permission are most important parts. This was one of the things that broke up the original Crackerjack location. The property owner was emotionally unstable and someone had to babysit his emotions and his unpredictable behavior. One day it didn't work and it fragmented the club. so in essence the property is the club, regardless of funding or membership.

bigmike79
08-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Thanks bhaddawg...if I find any I'll post it also...dave.. I wish I would have known about all this year's ago...it would be too much now with being a single dad ..I'd love to work on a show if I could though