PDA

View Full Version : Email feedback displayfireworks1

displayfireworks1
08-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Email
Hey Dave love your videos. But what is that tape you use?

XXXXXX
The answer is "Daves Magic Tape"
https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Tape/Box-Packaging-Paper-Tape?mid=143&aid=822

displayfireworks1
08-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Here is a recent email. How should I answer this one?
Hi Dave, Greetings from Missouri. I have a question. Last week I purchased a case of 2 inch advertised as festival balls, but in talking to the person at the place said they were salutes. I was glad they were. So when I went to get my order the case box said 1.3g UN0335. They were described as night shells - salutes. When I got them home they are packed 6 shells to a box with a mortar. The small boxes even say 1.3 for professional use only. When I looked in one of the boxes the are ball shells and they are labeled 1.4g consumer fireworks. UN0336. They do pack a punch. Any insight on this.
. Thanks. XXXX XXXXX

displayfireworks1
08-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Email Feedback from Sweden. Its a great feeling to have a fireworks following from around the world.
Hi Dave,

I wanted to say thank you for all your amazing videos on Youtube and a really good website!

Best regards,
XXXX XXXXXX
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2668&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2669&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2670&stc=1

countryboy7978
08-29-2017, 10:42 AM
Hi Dave, Greetings from Missouri. I have a question. Last week I purchased a case of 2 inch advertised as festival balls, but in talking to the person at the place said they were salutes. I was glad they were. So when I went to get my order the case box said 1.3g UN0335. They were described as night shells - salutes. When I got them home they are packed 6 shells to a box with a mortar. The small boxes even say 1.3 for professional use only. When I looked in one of the boxes the are ball shells and they are labeled 1.4g consumer fireworks. UN0336. They do pack a punch. Any insight on this.
. Thanks. XXXX XXXXX

I'm sorry but is this what the internet age is doing to the brains of our youth? This person comes across a mismarked case of 2" salutes, knows they are salutes, knows they are mismarked as consumer fireworks or sold to him as consumer but properly labeled UN0335 (Class B) and he wants insight on this? Either the person is totally clueless or trolling you. Is the next question going to be that someone sold him a bag of Italian spices labeled marijuana and wants to know why? This is too funny to be serious.

PyroMike79
08-30-2017, 12:21 AM
. Thanks. XXXX XXXXX

I am not usually paranoid but I would be careful with this one Dave. Feels like a setup or something. Somebody out there trying to get you in trouble. This guy seems familiar with the difference between the 1.3 and 1.4 designations so he should already know the answers to his own questions. Honestly I am not even sure what he asking you. Insight he says?

Here is my insight. You are in possession of a regulated product that was purchased illegally from a very stupid seller. Your email acknowledges that you are fully aware that you are in illegal possession of a regulated product. My insight is shut your mouth and get that product in the air and out of your life ASAP (try not to kill yourself in the process).

Personally I think this guy is full of it. I would put him on permanent ignore. He is trouble.

chriskrc
08-30-2017, 06:54 AM
I agree he already knows what's what and may be just fishing for info to get you in trouble Dave. Ignore this person and leave them be.

displayfireworks1
08-30-2017, 07:16 AM
On the second email he said he paid $120 for the case. I ask him because I was curious what the selling price was. I was shocked the price was the same as if it was sold as a 1.3 product. Maybe because it is past the July 4th holiday. I'll be honest, this is nothing new. The problem is people in United States are conditioned to believe product labeling. Their minds can't put it together the label says one thing and it is in reality something different. Some of these emails and feedbacks I post from time to time are not all inclusive. I pick and share some of interest to give people an idea on some of things that occur out there. I would be curious if the United Kingdom has this type of problem with mislabeling fireworks products to deceive regulators and make sales.

jknepp1954
08-30-2017, 08:25 AM
I agree with others. Be Careful with guys like this. Troll or someone trying to get someone in trouble. This turkey know exactly what he is doing/saying. And whoever is selling these ILLEGAL 2" shells knows better and will eventually get into trouble - MARK MY WORDS!!! :mad::rolleyes:

displayfireworks1
04-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Hi Dave greetings from XXXXXXXXX . Hope all is well your way. I was watching a video of yours and I noticed a firing system you were using had an all fire switch. What make is it and is it still avail. Also seeing your fast fuse videos for C cakes I did a 100 shot Thunder King last New Years. It was well worth the time.

thank you and take care,
respectfully,
XXXXXX
I have so many video I am not sure which one it is. Many of these newer China import systems do that. There are so many on the market now I do not know them all.

displayfireworks1
04-26-2019, 06:49 AM
Random Email Feedback
Hi Dave it's XXXX XXXXX I emailed you a while ago about buying fireworks from me here in XXXXXXXXX and having you do a display with them because I didn't know what to do with them because I caught by the police lighting them off without a permit and I asked around town and my neighbor his sister is in a pyrotechnics club called XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX and I got my feet wet in the club and I joined the club we do 20 public fireworks displays private events and events for club members only
Adam
That is great, it sounds like you made a good move joining that club and can legally enjoy the fireworks hobby.

Dave displayfireworks1

displayfireworks1
05-04-2019, 06:57 AM
Select email feedback from Facebook
Been watching your video s since I was 11 years old always I'm 18 years old now! . I remember being little and spending all the money I got from cutting grass to get fireworks to have a show for the neighborhood haha if things work out I would like to try to get a few of your products this year !
6:52 AM
Displayfireworks1
That a great story for me to hear XXXXXXX. Thanks for telling me. Between ages 12 and 15 are the most dangerous with fireworks. I am glad I helped you make it through those years safely. Wishing you the best. If you purchase one of products that would be great.

displayfireworks1
05-04-2019, 06:01 PM
More Facebook feedback from the state of Wisconsin .

morning, just wanted to give a yell and say thanks for all the help and things I have learned from you and youtube videos, i made my first 1.3 purchase as of Friday!
Good deal, thank you for that feedback. It is always nice for me to hear from newly ATF licensed fireworks enthusiast. Have fun and stay safe.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Wisconsin_in_United_States.svg/250px-Wisconsin_in_United_States.svg.png

displayfireworks1
06-01-2019, 01:14 PM
email feedback
Getting ready for backyard show in July! Thanks for your insight and videos
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3996&stc=1
Looking good my friend. Got some nice fuse to fuse them up?
I got about 800 feet of different speeds I got from pyro boom a few months ago
11 more ten shot racks to build and they will be done. One day I'll invest in a cobra system
If those racks on the right look familiar to you. Those are Paul's he said he used them up at the sportsman club with u
nice send me a picture of your setup in the day. on July 4th
Yeah I sure will. I think it will be on July 6th
530 shells and about 60 cakes should be a good show.

displayfireworks1
07-16-2019, 06:33 PM
Awesome, thanks! btw, thx for the tip on the magic tape, i fused this up for the finally a few weeks before the shoot and the tape held great. I liked it much better than zip ties.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4296&stc=1

displayfireworks1
07-16-2019, 06:37 PM
Hello Dave,

How you doing? As you know I finished apply the type 54 license along with fingerprint, photo, of course money check but I have two letter of contingency letter but will it okay send two letter or just one only?? If send two of letter, will thenATF okay with that? Since you know more than I do, sir

Please let me know and I hope hear from you before I send it out to them.

XXXX

Just use Kellners , be sure to attend the open shoot next year. The ATF will only accept one . Kellner is closer to you

displayfireworks1
07-16-2019, 06:40 PM
What?s up Dave! Thank you so much for your videos and information on getting your ATF license. I got mine back in January! Check out my show from Lake XXXXX ( Lake in Oklahoma). Especially the finale. I used my cobra for the B product on the finale Video link removed
Awesome, thanks for the update!

displayfireworks1
07-16-2019, 07:35 PM
Good Afternoon,

Hello Dave, my name is XXXX. I am a big fireworks guy up here in MN. Your videos helped to inspire me, and help me get my Class B permit by watching your videos.

My two buddies and I started small at the age of 18. A few cakes, pack of shells that sort of thing. I am now XX, and just renewed my Class B permit. Every year we push to get better.

I just watched your "Fireworks by the lake" that you posted July 13th 2019. I was wondering, if your willing to go to the suburbs of Chicago, are you willing to go 6 hours north next year and watch our show?

To be fair, I am not the biggest fan that you might have, but you are a big reason why we are where we are. Our show was also the 13th, below is just the finale, but it gives you an idea of what we can do.

We love what we do, and we love putting on a good show for people. So a little exposure we will take happily, because we want to grow our show, and make people happy!

Some facts: I have my ATF permit with magazine, My MN state fire marshal Shooters Permit. Finale had 4 cakes, 350 3" shells (140 salutes) 72 4" shells.

Thank you for your time,

XXXX
He sent me a mov. of the finale. I uploaded to my YouTube. Here it is unlisted video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWN8xdfc-Kk
XXX I am glad I inspired you. That trip to Chicago was a fee and expense paid gig. Note sure if I can make to your area but I would enjoy seeing a picture of your magazine.

displayfireworks1
07-23-2019, 07:44 PM
Good evening Dave,

I am a chemistry student in college and was wondering about manufacturing of fireworks. I was recently informed by the ATF that what I was doing was illegal and really need some guidance because I still have questions and was not able to ask them when they came to see me. I was quite nervous and felt like I was being treated like some kind of threat.

Thank you for your time,

XXXXXXXX

I'm guessing there is more to the story, can you tell me? First off what state are you located in and what happened?
Hey David,

I am in XXXXXXXXXx near the city of XXXXXXXX. There is an elderly man that lives with us and called the local police because he thought he saw someone try to break into the house I am living in. The police saw some of my chemistry glassware and chemicals and thought it was a meth lab. Then that started an investigation and the ATF was brought in when I told them what I was doing. I like to experiment and make rocket engines and small fireworks. They were very nice about everything and I understand that it is just their job to ensure all laws are followed. However, from what I gather from the internet, I can legally do what I want as long as I am not selling or transporting anything I make. I am a trained chemist with one class left on my B.S. in chemistry so I know the dangers and slowly take my time with everything. Am I in the wrong?

Thank you,

XXXXXXX
You can legally make fireworks , the problems come with once you make them and do not immediately use them and need to store them overnight or unattended. Then you need an official explosives magazine. I'm glad the ATF handled it the way they did. If you keep making those rocket motors and fireworks you are going to need a magazine storage more than a ATF license.
Hey David,

Okay I will track down the proper guidelines/resources for the correct storage. Thank you again for helping me!

XXXXXX

displayfireworks1
07-26-2019, 08:36 PM
Hi Dave I am a big fan of yours for years.. you inspired me to get my license. I live in XXXXXXX Pa and have been using Keystone fireworks & kellners.. is there any other 1.3 distributers near the area? Thank you!
There are other 1.3 fireworks distributors, however the distance may be too great if you are using a contingency for your ATF license.
very true. i do appreciate you getting back to me. i hope soon to do the job box to start

displayfireworks1
07-27-2019, 09:12 AM
well, today is my big shoot as a new 1.3 license holder, just wanted to thank you again for all your help and guidance this past year, i have learned alot from you and all the videos you take the time to make! Willow Beach will definatly make the shoot for next year! thanks again Dave!

Thanks for the message. Congratulation again on the ATF license. Adding Willow Breach to you shoot would be great. Don't forget it has the E-Fire post already installed. Stay safe tonight
Thanks Dave!

displayfireworks1
08-25-2019, 12:54 AM
Dave,

My name is XXXX XXXXXX. My research and teaching is in the fire investigation field. I use electric ignition systems for a variety of scenarios. Your videos have be very helpful in provide great information on products and supplies. Cobra and Electric Match (MJG) have been great resources for various ignition sources. I am looking for a simple 4 to 8 que ?wired? firing system. At this time I would like to stay away from wireless as I have a concern of stray radio interference. It does not appear that Cobra makes one. I really value your opinion as all of your advise has been spot on. Would you know a good manufacturer to recommend for such a system. I would like it in a nice rugged case like pelican and a charging system for the battery. I really liked your rhino system you demoed but it appears it is a ?wireless? system. Do you know if they make one that is wired? I have looked at making homemade kits but my time is very limited. Again, thank you for your great videos and advise. Please keep up the great work. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you,
XXXXX XXXXX, SET, IAAI-FIT, ICC
Thank you for your email. You email is an example of I never know who all is following my videos and taking my advice until l I hear from them. If I remember correctly the Rhino Fire system is not wireless, it does require a triggering device to send voltage into the 2 input connections, that can be a wired connection of a wireless connection. I'm not sure what you application is?

displayfireworks1
01-24-2020, 10:22 PM
Email feedback I received from France. I found the rack set up interesting.
Hey there!

I am a HUUUGE fan of your channel and have been watching your videos since 2011.

Your videos are what really got me interested in pyro and I would like to thank you for putting the time into creating these videos and sharing your knowledge. x)

I am from France and I now own a C4/T2 level 2 license (equivalent of an ATF / 1.3 ) license I suppose...

I own the YouTube channel " NicolasSalencPBP" featuring anything from professional firework setups to DIY videos.

I just uploaded a video on a rather large professional fireworks setup and I thought you might be interested in watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBBjNU8kahs&t=410s
https://assets.sutori.com/user-uploads/image/45e10f7b-3b53-4983-8b47-4694f5799ef8/f2661768e05ca09bfef8dcede8784fc5.png

displayfireworks1
02-17-2020, 08:55 PM
Email feedback from New York State. Note the ATF license is obtained first before future consideration of any state requirements.

Hi dave I just wanted to thank you for the advice on getting a type 54 license. I sent my paperwork in on January 10th and everything went smoothly. I had my interview on February 5th and I received my license on February 15th. I am currently applying for NY own and posses which will be going in the mail tomorrow. I am also looking for a outdoor magazine. If you know of any references you could point me to that would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for something no bigger than 10ft. Once again I want to thank you and maybe we'll see you at kellners for the demo days in April. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
https://images.vexels.com/media/users/3/147887/isolated/preview/9851e1dc011aadd344b19faaf4ff1275-new-york-state-plain-map-by-vexels.png

Mattp
02-18-2020, 09:33 AM
its kind of funny.. like the chicken or the egg... sometimes they try to say you need state certs first.. BUT on the applications for the state it asks for your ATF info!!!

displayfireworks1
02-18-2020, 11:56 AM
The ATF in New York, Ohio, Texas etc., were convincing fireworks enthusiast applicants to withdraw their ATF applications until they acquired all of these state certificates first. Prior to me coming along, other people working in the fireworks industry would tell you the same thing. We now see that old believe is not true. Thanks to the brave few ATF applicants in those states that held firm and would not withdraw their applications and were then approved. It now makes future ATF applications in those states go much smoother.
The ATF in these state districts may have lacked the knowledge pertaining to explosive applications, they are now knowledgeable and comply with the regulations. The mid-level people in the business that thought all of that old believe. Well, that group is not so happy about it. They predicted doom and destruction because they think they are the only ones that know how to light firecrackers. That group has probably done more to try to stop and or discourage advancing fireworks enthusiast than any other group, and they do it with a projection of appearing to be helpful.
It has probably been close to 10 years ago I keep saying, all of this needs to occur the exact opposite of the way it was taught. Now, it's nice for me to see it all occurring in multiple areas around the country.

Arclight
02-18-2020, 12:44 PM
I suspect some of this is due to "partnering" or "data sharing" initiatives with other agencies. For instance, they allow MSHA (Mine Safety Health Administration) to inspect magazines at underground mines and they have been cracking down on blasters that aren't fully following DOT regs (i.e. transporting 1.1 material for a training class is "in commerce" because it makes them money).