PDA

View Full Version : Hello from northern NY

CMiller
08-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Hello, looking forward to learning more about this!

PyroManiacs
08-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

Im guessing you are new to the hobby?

PyroJoeNEPA
08-02-2017, 06:47 PM
welcome to PyroTalk. Tell us a little about yourself.

Pyro Paul
08-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the Pyrotalk forum!

vegassalute
08-02-2017, 08:03 PM
I was born & raised in Watertown, NY. Nice to see fellow NNYers on Pyro Talk. From the looks of your intro post you appear to have recently had your "pyro awakening." Are you new to the hobby?

displayfireworks1
08-02-2017, 08:55 PM
You heard what he said in his intro. He is here to learn about "This".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a-KA9K02g0&feature=youtu.be

Rick_In_Tampa
08-03-2017, 02:51 AM
First thing you need to learn is Moore's Law of pyro. You're pyro budget will double every two years. Please plan accordingly. :cool:

jknepp1954
08-03-2017, 05:07 AM
cmiller - welcome to forums. N NY? Depending on where at in NY - that is a LARGE AREA!
If you ever drift South - look us up along I-80, exit 133.

chriskrc
08-03-2017, 06:50 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you. Nice to see another new Yorker here. What part of northern my are you in.

CMiller
08-03-2017, 08:32 AM
I grew up in Buffalo, but currently live about 40 miles NorthEast of Watertown. I've been "shooting off" fireworks since I was a kid. I had a relative that used to "sell" them. The last few years I've made the trip to PA and loaded up! This year I fired off around $1500 in product. I did a ton of research, watched videos to help with my buying decisions. Well after about 2 hours of hand lighting them one at a time, and hearing the kids actually complain about it lasting too long, I started more research, into fusing, electrical systems, combining different pieces and effects. �� So that's why I'm here, plus it's tons of fun!

vegassalute
08-03-2017, 12:08 PM
I grew up in Buffalo, but currently live about 40 miles NorthEast of Watertown. I've been "shooting off" fireworks since I was a kid. I had a relative that used to "sell" them. The last few years I've made the trip to PA and loaded up! This year I fired off around $1500 in product. I did a ton of research, watched videos to help with my buying decisions. Well after about 2 hours of hand lighting them one at a time, and hearing the kids actually complain about it lasting too long, I started more research, into fusing, electrical systems, combining different pieces and effects. �� So that's why I'm here, plus it's tons of fun!

Good stuff!

RalphieJ
08-03-2017, 12:14 PM

Interesting comment on the kids getting bored. The old Italian masters believed in "pleasing the children". If kids get bored, they get fidgety and whiney, and then the parents complain it was a lousy show. They shot everything in 30-45 minutes, Didn't matter if it were a $500 show or a $50K show.

CMiller
08-03-2017, 12:40 PM
it was just my girlfriends 2 children and 4 adults. The adults loved it!

Wholesale Fireworks
08-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Welcome to Pyrotalk CMiller