PDA

View Full Version : Seperating a NOAB

flatlander
07-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Forum Members Is it possible to dismantle a NOAB to get single shots and also to take up less space. I shoot on platforms on small boats and space is at a premium. Thanks for any advice.

PyroManiacs
07-30-2017, 09:31 PM
You could just leave them all on the board, defuse them, use an awl to open the hole a bit more and put an electronic igniter in there.

joed2323
07-30-2017, 11:08 PM
Unless you have comet/mine racks or something to out the individual tubes in, leave them in the "noab" shape, it will be easier for you to shoot them

Otherwise if you have something or can make something, yes the tubes will come right off

WithReport
07-31-2017, 01:06 AM
I found it quite easy for the first time to remove the fuse and use an awl to insert an MJG initiator into each tube so that they could be fired individually. there is some information and a photo of how I put it back together at the following thread: http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?5950-NIABs-vs-NOABs.

However, I tested fired one of the tubes before the 4th and was extremely unimpressed so I took them out of the show, removed the initiators, tapped up the holes, and boxed it back up for some other time.

good luck.

Pyro Paul
07-31-2017, 07:20 AM
I seen a video on Youtube a few weeks ago where someone disassembled a noab and put the tubes in a rack and fired them. If memory serves, they simply wiggled the tubes back and forth to get them out of the board and separate them. It looked pretty easy but I don't remember what the video was called. .

displayfireworks1
07-31-2017, 07:23 AM
Maybe I am missing something but those NOAB cakes seem like they are just 9 nice artillery shells. Unless there is a particular effect you are looking for they are an expensive option to take apart.

PyroDre
07-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Maybe I am missing something but those NOAB cakes seem like they are just 9 nice artillery shells. Unless there is a particular effect you are looking for they are an expensive option to take apart.
yep... pretty much the only reason to buy noabs is because you can't get some of those effects in a canister shell...hopefully that will change soon

shot this during the fourth and it was gorgeous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXqaaI8a9AM

PyroManiacs
07-31-2017, 05:39 PM
Yes, but canister shells are sloppy compared to NOABs....so really it depends if you want a nice round break or not.

flatlander
07-31-2017, 09:39 PM

Kings Ring, Big Bang Theory, Cloud Nine, Whacky Tobacky and OMB are available to me locally at a decent price. They all have effects I have not seen with canister shells. If there is a canister shell or single shot that is available please let me know. Thanks

cherrybomb1
08-01-2017, 12:06 AM
I'm taking a fishing trip in October to Kentucky Lake and plan on swinging by Little China to pick up some of these
NOAB's and of course other things.I always thought they were over priced, but after seeing Mtnviewpyros video some of them have awesome effects.I had Eddie email me his price list and he has some great deals.

joed2323
08-01-2017, 09:36 AM
If you can get booming bulldog- blue hurricane, pick it up, highly recommend this one I like it more then whacky tobacky

PyroDre
08-01-2017, 01:31 PM
I'm taking a fishing trip in October to Kentucky Lake and plan on swinging by Little China to pick up some of these
NOAB's and of course other things.I always thought they were over priced, but after seeing Mtnviewpyros video some of them have awesome effects.I had Eddie email me his price list and he has some great deals.wholesale is the only way to buy them....they come two in a case

but they are still kinda high LOL

Kenny East
08-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Outside of effects, it would make more sense to buy the larger single shot tubes for this... There is a YouTube video of a guy doing this same idea... He just put the tubes in a rack to be able to fire each shot individually and take up less space