PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut

royalrooter77
07-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Just wanted to touch base here. I am a new forum user and pretty new to the pyro hobby overall. I was wondering if I could get a head count of other forum members from Connecticut or PM me. My names Steve BTW.

fatcat
07-23-2017, 06:44 PM
I'm a long way from Connecticut, but a big welcome to pyrotalk. Tell us a little bit more about yourself

cmalloy513
07-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Hey Steve I am from CT and have been a member of the forums for a couple years now. What experience do you have? Where do you buy your fireworks? What is your yearly budget? Where do you do your show? How many shows do you do per year? Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Would love to hear from a fellow pyro in CT.

royalrooter77
07-24-2017, 12:20 AM
Thanks guys for the posts. I live in Oxford CT but am originally from Western Mass. I am a longtime Red Sox fan and live a pretty normal life. Living in Massachusetts and Connecticut I never really ever had good access to fireworks other than small stuff I could get my hands on. Now that I am almost 40 I am realizing I enjoy learning about the art of fireworks and shooting responsibly. I am totally new to the pyromusical thing but am learning fast.

CMALLOY I do no shows per year at all right now, just some small stuff in my driveway to be respectful to my neighbors who are really good. Budget is what I can afford when I am passing by a out of state store. I will likely be joining NLPC in order to learn more and do some shooting through that group.

In the mean time I am also trying to organize a little e-mail campaign to the CT legislature about legalizing 1.4 Class C for some tax revenue and so I don't have to be nervous about shooting at my house.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-24-2017, 01:40 AM
Welcome aboard Steve! Glad to have you.

chriskrc
07-24-2017, 06:54 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you steve. Thats a good idea trying to move Connecticut forward. Eventually they probably will but it will take some time, stick with it.

royalrooter77
07-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Overall I will probably be a lurker on these pages learning what I can from the posts. When I post it will most likely bein the consumer fireworks review forum where I can ask questions about what products have a certain effect I want. I am an effects guy, comets, fish, get em's, crackle, that sort of thing.

PyroManiacs
07-24-2017, 07:59 PM
Welcome To PyroTalk!

vegassalute
07-24-2017, 08:23 PM
Welcome Steve. I'm up in VT. Happy to see you here!

Ctpyro180
07-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Welcome Steve

Some great information here

Presently there are no plans to expand the consumer line in Connecticut and if so it will take alot of work to do so.The law would not be the challenge, but the regulations would have to be entirely overhauled to allow the sale, storage and building used to sell consumer fireworks...alot of work and $$$$$ for lobbyists...

Mike Dapkus

royalrooter77
07-25-2017, 12:07 PM
Mike I just PM'd you, thanks for the responses everyone.

adultuser
07-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys for the posts. I live in Oxford CT but am originally from Western Mass. I am a longtime Red Sox fan and live a pretty normal life. Living in Massachusetts and Connecticut I never really ever had good access to fireworks other than small stuff I could get my hands on. Now that I am almost 40 I am realizing I enjoy ...

Hopefully, by the time you do hit 40 you will learn the error of your ways, just sayin':p