PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Montana

wingman
07-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself the forum! I'm a fairly recent transplant to Montana. Best move I've ever made! Have been enjoying consumer fireworks for nearly 40 years but up until 2015 was restricted to safe and sane. One of my reasons for moving was to be sure I could enjoy the majority of consumer class. The consolation was the town I'm in allows them for roughly 4 days out if the year, which isn't a bad compromise at all. I've also been collecting old fireworks and labels for the last 20 years.

Thanks Dave, for opening up registration so I could join!

chriskrc
07-20-2017, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

PyroManiacs
07-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-20-2017, 11:20 PM
Welcome aboard Wingman! Glad to have you. I hear Montana is beautiful. Hope to make it up there one day.

Pyro Paul
07-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk!

PyroJoeNEPA
07-21-2017, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the Forum Wingman.

wingman
07-21-2017, 05:01 PM
Thank you all! Yes, Montana's scenery is striking and beautiful. Glad to be here and on the forum. I'll try to post when I can...you know all that "real life" stuff like work and such can get in the way, LOL

PYRODAN
07-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Greetings and salutations

displayfireworks1
07-21-2017, 06:09 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk forums, if you search the word Montana I believe you will find some post from other fireworks enthusiast in your state. I also want to say hello to the other new member registrations. I thin k those of us that live in congested metropolitan areas often fantasize about moving to a state like Montana. It sounds like you recently made such a move.

wingman
07-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk forums, if you search the word Montana I believe you will find some post from other fireworks enthusiast in your state. I also want to say hello to the other new member registrations. I thin k those of us that live in congested metropolitan areas often fantasize about moving to a state like Montana. It sounds like you recently made such a move.

Your assumption about moving here is correct! I admit it was difficult to shoot aerial items and firecrackers at first...I found myself looking around for cops only to remember I wasn't doing anything wrong, lol! The cool thing is we are surrounded by neighbors who work at the fire department as well as the fire chief and they told me to have fun. It's amazing how many have common sense about respecting each other's property around here and when it comes to being safe with fireworks. From what I understand, the use of fireworks outside city limits is okay any day of the year with exception of any severely dry and windy conditions.

djsmurf
07-21-2017, 10:14 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Wingman.

adultuser
07-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Welcome!
For me that might be the biggest pyro sacrifice of all time. I hope you are still good with the move come January, lol.

wingman
07-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Welcome!
For me that might be the biggest pyro sacrifice of all time. I hope you are still good with the move come January, lol.

LOL! Totally worth the move for sure; so far we've been here for 2 winters - the last one an intense one. Some people think I'm crazy but another interest of mine is weather. Seasons out here are actually seasonal versus where I used to live that had 8 months of rain in the year...I'd rather have several feet of snow during winter instead of 31 degrees, rain and ice all over for sure. The scenery is fantastic.

MontanaMike
07-29-2017, 01:03 PM
Hi Wingman,

I'm the "other Montana enthusiast" Dave wrote about a few days ago. I joined the forum a couple of years ago and don't post a whole lot but I've learned a ton of stuff here.

What part of the state are you in? I'm in the southeastern area.

You're right about fireworks being OK anytime on the state level, but lots of cities and counties have their own restrictions. In Billings for example, even possession of fireworks (anytime) is illegal. In my town, possession is OK anytime but you can only ignite fireworks on the 4th of July and Dec. 31.

wingman
07-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Hi Wingman,

I'm the "other Montana enthusiast" Dave wrote about a few days ago. I joined the forum a couple of years ago and don't post a whole lot but I've learned a ton of stuff here.

What part of the state are you in? I'm in the southeastern area.

You're right about fireworks being OK anytime on the state level, but lots of cities and counties have their own restrictions. In Billings for example, even possession of fireworks (anytime) is illegal. In my town, possession is OK anytime but you can only ignite fireworks on the 4th of July and Dec. 31.

Hi Mike! Glad to see a "local" enthusiast on here as well! I'm in Northern sweet grass county. I was aware that Billings proper didn't allow discharge of fireworks but had no idea that possession was verboten as well. Bummer! I'm assuming you're not too far from Crow nation area/Baachachik?

Wholesale Fireworks
08-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the forum wingman. My brother lives in Big Sky and he loves his fireworks. I usually send him a pallet or two of product each year. Check us out when you get a chance and we will have no problem shipping to you as well.

hillbilly
08-02-2017, 08:51 AM
welcome wingman

dchambers490
08-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Welcome Wingman. I am in Missoula Mt. You contacted me by private message. You can also contact me at dchambers490@yahoo.com. Love to have other pyro enthusiasts here in the state! Didn't know if you checked your private messages. Look forward to talking with you!

wingman
08-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the forum wingman. My brother lives in Big Sky and he loves his fireworks. I usually send him a pallet or two of product each year. Check us out when you get a chance and we will have no problem shipping to you as well.

Thanks! Will make note of that

wingman
08-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Welcome Wingman. I am in Missoula Mt. You contacted me by private message. You can also contact me at dchambers490@yahoo.com. Love to have other pyro enthusiasts here in the state! Didn't know if you checked your private messages. Look forward to talking with you!

Thanks! I PM'd you back. Thanks also for the email address!