View Full Version : First Time Pyromusical, July 4th

pyromax
07-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Hi all,
Before I start I want to thank Dave and his website as I have learned so much over the past two years and advanced further than I have ever dreamed. Two years ago I didn't even know the difference in most fireworks and everything I bought was a mystery. Also what were firing systems? haha. I cant thank you enough!

I figure now that the rush of everyone posting their videos and stories online has mostly passed, I figure it was time to share mine. This was my first time doing a pyromusical. I upgraded to a 18R2 remote this year and had a total of 2 modules to create this show. Most of the film is from a Phantom Drone about 400 feet away and some random shots on other go-pros.I bought product from Kellner's, Wfboom, and Spirit of 76. I used both talons and firewire ignitors. The link for the show on YouTube is found below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XpVfJCkcMA&t=86s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XpVfJCkcMA&t=86s
Just notice that at the end the finale is replayed from a different view with the audio coming from us on top figuring out how we are gonna hide this all from the police.

As I created this show, I had to keep in mind multiple restrictions. First off this show was put on at a lake in Ohio. This meant that I had exactly 75 feet of lakeshore waterfront to be able to set everything up. That is not a lot of space and yet I fit in multiple stations. Also there are houses on either side of the property as the video can show. Secondly, we were close to the fireworks only able to stand as far back as the decking on the top porch, so we were quite close, as well as the house is too. Third, this is in Ohio and the private lake doesn't allow fireworks! I had to get in and get out as they say to be able to avoid the "fun patrol". So with all that weighing down, I think I created a pretty good show for my first time. There were a few dead spots as first off there is a break from 0:33-1:09 due to a talon ignitor failing. Also there is a break from 2:42-3:11 as a fuse wasn't connected properly. I also ran into issues that a didn't cover anything and rogue sparks lit a couple items too early. In the end I'm glad the first part didn't go off as the cops did come at the end but we finished about 30 seconds before they arrived so we were in the clear. The only major upset I have is my one monster cake of 3, 36 shot R/W/B fan cakes (8 secs) from spirit of 76 didn't go off right before the finale. I think that is caused by the rushing as we were trying to finish before dark.

Feel free to take a look and leave a comment but all I ask is that there is no talk about the distance or safety barrier as that was the best we could do for the situation we had and we ALL weighed the risks and took as many preventative measures as we could do make sure it was done in a safe manner.

Also, I don't know why the extra pictures I tried to upload aren't working but the same post is on Pyrofan.com where I could add the pictures. Same username.

Thanks,
Connor