PDA

View Full Version : ATF Record Keeping question

jbags091992
07-14-2017, 08:09 PM
i recently recieved my type 54 earlier this year. The few times that I did purchase, i wrote on the receipt when is was picked up, when it was dicharged and that all the product was discharged(which it was), and lastly the city it was discharged in. Now to my question, is just the city enough information for the ATF, or do i need private addresses? I do not feel comfortable detailing family,friends,friends of friends specific addresses to the ATF or anybody for that matter. I just know that the townships that they were discharged at, do not give any type of permits for private displays, so i just wrote down the city/township where it was disposed of. And i feel that it sufficient or am i wrong? or am I thinking to much about it all lol? Thanks guys!

displayfireworks1
07-14-2017, 08:21 PM
If you starting singing to the ATF during your application renewal they may ask you to keep singing. I have never been ask such detailed information. I keep saying they are not the Fireworks Permit police. It is proper to appear legitimate but I know people that just want to give more details than are required. I suggest you let them ask you the questions and then answer them. I think sometimes Inspectors only ask what is required and may really not want to know more than is required. I hope you get the drift of that. You are currently licensed and that is good. Just behave in a reason manner and you will be fine.

jbags091992
07-14-2017, 08:26 PM
thanks buddy!

yoshisbar
07-14-2017, 09:36 PM
This is my experience and reply, If you have contingency storage, your receipt is when you picked it up, no need to note it, You do write on there when it was disposed (or discharged if you like). That's it. City, state town ect, they do ask you, don't have to offer that. If you have a permit, yes throw it in your files so you have it, if they ask, you have it, if not just keep it for reference.. That's it, as dave said let them ask you, don't offer it if you don't need it, but keep it just in case...