PDA

View Full Version : Preparation for 2018

rkmcdon
07-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Hey everyone. I'm new around here and this was my first year to have a formal backyard "show". I loved it and am starting to think about next year. I know for next year i will be adding an e-firing system along with a number of mortar racks. Now I'm looking at where to buy and how to get the best deals.

My main questions right now are:

1. Is there a month(s) that tends to have better sales/pricing for online fireworks?
2. Any sites that stand out in terms of better pricing? I have been watching the sponsors site, but was still interested on others takes on this
3. Does anyone know how much the spirit of 76 "gold" discount is compared to the silver? I'll hit silver easily, but not gold. I do however have a potential way of hitting the gold tier and was trying to determine if the added discount is enough to warrant the effort.

Thanks in advance!

displayfireworks1
07-13-2017, 03:35 PM
I can't speak for any of my advertisers directly. I will talk generically. I know of some companies that are giving the better prices to their better customers when it is not always advertised. It is not guaranteed. If you are a repeat larger budget customer you can always ask. but don't ask during the months leading up to July 4th. How do you become a better customer? By buying more fireworks, more often. If you don't have the large budget every year, buy during the winter months after Christmas January and February.
I discourage this so called posting of "Group Buys" on the forums. Rather try to organize locally off forums with other enthusiast around you and combine your budget. I was part of one these years back. You get the ordered delivered to a truck depot. The depot holds the order. Around 6 cars and trucks pull into the truck depot parking lot. From there the order is itemized and everyone drives away. You just need to have one good person to organize it and not have any dead beat friends that can not produce the payment.

MtnViewPyro
07-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Hey rkmcdon,

As far as gold pricing with 76, I was at gold this year and there is a difference. I mean it's not a huge difference but don't forget, you are already at wholesale prices with silver, so anything below that cost is even better. I've done a lot of looking around at products and those that offer, 76 is at or below with their brands most of the time. The difference I see is that there are some out there that do provide free or flat rate shipping if you spend a certain dollar amount. However, for me I live close enough to 76 that I do not need shipping. The early bird does get the worm however in fireworks. If you buy like Dave mentioned in Jan and February, you will most likely get the best deals. It all comes down to what you want and when you want it. For me, buying in February is not ideal because I don't have much room to store 2 or 3 pallets of fireworks for 5+ months.

You also mentioned mortar racks. I had a great experience with buying mine at pyroboom this past year. However, I would mention that if you have time and plan on doing this for many years to come, you may be better off building your own racks if you have the tools and the buying the HDPE tubes wherever they are the cheapest.

Like you, I'm already planning for next year with all the knowledge from this year and I'm so excited!!!

rkmcdon
07-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Thanks to both of you. I mainly wanted to make sure the best prices didn't happen to before Jan 1st. Jan-Feb would work well for me. Right now, I'm leaning towards SO76, because I'm close enough to be able to pick up as well, though I'll likely be doing some price comparisons with WFBoom because of their 45% in Feb at just $1200 total.

I plan to make most of my racks, and get tubes from pyroboom. I did however find a fiberglass rack that's 28 shots in a 2-3-2 by 4 fan configuration for $61. That's a complete rack at less than the price of materials. I'd prefer HDPE, but that price is hard to pass up.

Wholesale Fireworks
07-14-2017, 01:11 PM
RKMCDON... I just reached out to another forum member in the same boat as you. We offer wholesale pricing throughout the year and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Even if you purchase somewhere else I may be able help answer any questions you may have.
I look forward to speaking with you

Big Worm
07-14-2017, 02:10 PM
RKMCDON

Imo I would buy just the mortars from Pyroboom, and build your own racks. I've had a lot of fun building different racks over the years. Its inexpensive to do, and a great weekend project! This year for Christmas I'm asking for Pyroboom gift cards or gift cards to any wholesaler out there wink wink. Hoping to order 200 tubes this year! Good luck on your racks.

isp307
07-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Just my 2 cents worth but I made my own tubes and racks for a fraction of the price. I have around a dollar in each tube and then a minimal amount in the lumber to build the racks. I found a place close to me that has 20' sticks HDPE DR11 that was less than a dollar a foot. I bought 20-20' pieces, set up a jig on my miter saw and went to town. I then used a 2" hole saw on a drill press and made all the plugs, took a sander and rounded off the edge of the plug a bit so it would start easier when placing it in the end of the tube then took my nail gun to secure the plug. I did all this in a couple of afternoons with my son and daughter. I've used them for a couple years now with no problems. If you have tools to do it, it's pretty easy.

I also have bought from SO76 the last several years and they have been great to work with. If you are able to get to the $5000 level during the special order period its very well worth it.

rkmcdon
07-14-2017, 10:45 PM
RKMCDON... I just reached out to another forum member in the same boat as you. We offer wholesale pricing throughout the year and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Even if you purchase somewhere else I may be able help answer any questions you may have.
I look forward to speaking with you

Thanks, I may well take you up on that. I'm thinking i'll buy in January or February

rkmcdon
07-14-2017, 10:46 PM
RKMCDON

Imo I would buy just the mortars from Pyroboom, and build your own racks. I've had a lot of fun building different racks over the years. Its inexpensive to do, and a great weekend project! This year for Christmas I'm asking for Pyroboom gift cards or gift cards to any wholesaler out there wink wink. Hoping to order 200 tubes this year! Good luck on your racks.

That's what i'm thinking right now if I can't find a place locally that sells DR11 at prices like isp307 found