PDA

View Full Version : Kicked out of pyro u

ras1986
07-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Well..... i got kicked outnof pyro u on facebook for defending pyrotalk. And starting shit.... i said using pvc for mortar tubes is ok if you are following your distance tables... it erupted into this huge deal. Someone asked where they can get info on all things pyro. Books etc... I said pyrotalk.com and then the shit talking began. Lol I wrote a huge paragraph defending pyro talk and I woke up to being banned. Lol it made me smile.

flashfuse
07-12-2017, 02:16 PM
1st off , Distance or not you are dead wrong about PVC. Never use PVC ever for shooting firework shells, you may get away with it time and time again but when Murphy visits ( and trust me he will at some point) , I would not want to be the person using PVC when a person is hurt by flying shrapnel, Fiberglass and HDPE is the safest option .

2nd, I have never seen Pyro talk advocating the use of PVC for launching shells, so why would you think its ok Distance or Not. There is no cure for stupid , Using PVC is .......Don't Do it. we have enough dumb people doing bad things with fireworks that hurts this great hobby, don't be a statistic and join them .

ras1986
07-12-2017, 02:23 PM
I don't use pvc. I stated that on there. I did when I was younger but not anymore. I said I was going to do a test to prove either myself wrong or everyone else. At 150 ft I honestly don't think a piece of flying Pvc shrapnel would be dangerous. The test I will do this year would be a piece of Styrofoam set back 150 ft back with a salute upside down in pvc to see if pieces even stick to it. 150 ft is a long way... I don't see that light weight material traveling that far with any real speed left. Steel on the other hand.... yea

jknepp1954
07-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Ras. I had just recently put a post on p u Facebook about the dangers of PVC. Most of your posts are sensible put really shouldn't promote use of PVC. Just bad news.
As far as getting banned probably had more to do with promoting this forum instead of another forum. Just my 2 cents.....

vegassalute
07-12-2017, 06:17 PM
I watched a post that went on and on over there with some guy doubling down on his advocacy for holding roman candles. I am one of those that is fighting like heck to support the legalization movement, both with my time and money. We as pyros are always under a microscope and we therefore need to call out bad or dangerous behavior whenever we see it. The 'No Pyro' crowd just waits for the opportunity to pontificate when the next douchebag dies from holding a morter on his head. Remember, there are new pyros that are learning and taking their cues from what we post so we have an obligation to ensure best practices are always deployed & reiterated. It drives me bloody insane when some drunk moron gets injured or worse and the drive-by media uses it to feed public hysterics about 1.4 products and their danger to society.

ras1986
07-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Ras. I had just recently put a post on p u Facebook about the dangers of PVC. Most of your posts are sensible put really shouldn't promote use of PVC. Just bad news.
As far as getting banned probably had more to do with promoting this forum instead of another forum. Just my 2 cents.....

Your right Joyce. I'm sure I got banned for promoting pyro talk. But honestly.... the guy asked where he can read about pyro. As far as the pvc thing goes. I still stand by what I've said, until I prove myself wrong I won't bring it up again. Like I said in the post that got deleted, I really just did it to get a rise, they are like the liberals going after Trump over there. Just funny. Nazi Germany, can't talk about anything that isn't on the approved list of safe practices or discussion topics.

MartMc
07-12-2017, 07:32 PM
The crowd is not the problem when using PVC it's the shooter that's hand lighting the shells. Safety is always first for crowd and shooter.

ras1986
07-12-2017, 08:14 PM
The crowd is not the problem when using PVC it's the shooter that's hand lighting the shells. Safety is always first for crowd and shooter.

Yep. Your right. On the 4th I was 200 ft away from ground zero and I was using fiber mortar tubes

Rick_In_Tampa
07-13-2017, 05:35 AM
I watched a post that went on and on over there with some guy doubling down on his advocacy for holding roman candles. I am one of those that is fighting like heck to support the legalization movement, both with my time and money. We as pyros are always under a microscope and we therefore need to call out bad or dangerous behavior whenever we see it. The 'No Pyro' crowd just waits for the opportunity to pontificate when the next douchebag dies from holding a morter on his head. Remember, there are new pyros that are learning and taking their cues from what we post so we have an obligation to ensure best practices are always deployed & reiterated. It drives me bloody insane when some drunk moron gets injured or worse and the drive-by media uses it to feed public hysterics about 1.4 products and their danger to society.

Very well stated Vegassalute!! Very well stated.

Every year there is a guy that shows up near where I shoot my show and he has illegal 1.3G products he shoots. Every flippin year he's out there hand loading mortars upside down and lighting them off. One year he's going to kill himself or someone else. I told him last year he shouldn't be out there. I told him especially since he's been drinking, AND since he's using illegal products, he needs to knock it off. Of course he laughed it off and told me he was fine. "It's the 4th of July!! Everyone's drinking and blowing s--t up!" he told me. He was out there again this year. Unreal.

Thankfully he's far enough away from me and my show that he's not a threat. I thought about calling the cops on him, but then I'd be shutting my own show down. Just a bad situation all the way around.

vegassalute
07-13-2017, 06:35 AM
Very well stated Vegassalute!! Very well stated.

Every year there is a guy that shows up near where I shoot my show and he has illegal 1.3G products he shoots. Every flippin year he's out there hand loading mortars upside down and lighting them off. One year he's going to kill himself or someone else. I told him last year he shouldn't be out there. I told him especially since he's been drinking, AND since he's using illegal products, he needs to knock it off. Of course he laughed it off and told me he was fine. "It's the 4th of July!! Everyone's drinking and blowing s--t up!" he told me. He was out there again this year. Unreal.

Thankfully he's far enough away from me and my show that he's not a threat. I thought about calling the cops on him, but then I'd be shutting my own show down. Just a bad situation all the way around.

Unreal. Its hard to believe that someone would supply a consumer with 1.3. That seller will have blood on his/her hands at some point, its unavoidable. Glad you're safe Rick! Keep your distance from that DB!

countryboy7978
07-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Class B was available to consumers 40 years ago. So was real dynamite.

pistolus
07-13-2017, 10:56 PM
hey countryboy7978, 40 years ago was before my time, but it doesn't surprise me that class B fireworks, and dynamite was available to the common consumer.. the Government was much less strict then.. Just like there were no Federal gun laws before 1968.. It only takes a couple idiots to do something stupid to get everybody's rights taken away.. I'd rather have my freedom than a lot of security.. The next thing you know you're asking Uncle Sam if it's ok to pee.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-14-2017, 03:54 AM
The next thing you know you're asking Uncle Sam if it's ok to pee.

We're already doing that. Which restroom would you prefer to use today?

PyroManiacs
07-14-2017, 04:39 PM
We're already doing that. Which restroom would you prefer to use today?

Truth right there!