PDA

View Full Version : Help with license

Bigboomjeff
07-11-2017, 12:51 PM
I live in Ohio where only sparklers and smoke bombs are legal and I'm wanting to get my 54 license but don't know how to get approved to shoot them off here.. Dave said i will need a letter of approval during my interview or something like that. Thanks for the help

displayfireworks1
07-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Dave said buy his ATF/DVD package to fully understand the process. Or we can all type 157 paragraphs and I can't pay my web server fee's . You posting the same question twice and your post count is 2.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

ajp989
07-11-2017, 02:40 PM
I live in Ohio where only sparklers and smoke bombs are legal and I'm wanting to get my 54 license but don't know how to get approved to shoot them off here.. Dave said i will need a letter of approval during my interview or something like that. Thanks for the help
Get the DVD and it will answer all your questions. That is how I got mine.

Bigboomjeff
07-11-2017, 03:12 PM
Get the DVD and it will answer all your questions. That is how I got mine.

I bought the dvd and on the 2nd disc is where he says i will need approval to shoot where i am shooting at to give during my interview. My question is how do i get an approval here where fireworks aren't legal?

Bigboomjeff
07-11-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry about posting the same twice.. I'm new to this and wasn't sure exactly what I was doing.

ajp989
07-11-2017, 03:23 PM
That is not true you must have misunderstood. You need someone who has magazine storage to write you a letter saying you can use there magazine as contingency storage in the event you don't shoot the fireworks off after purchase and need to store them. Normally your 1.3g supplier will do this for you.

The ATF type 54 license allows you to buy 1.3g and own it. To discharge any product the ATF will tell you its your responsibility to follow state laws.

Bigboomjeff
07-11-2017, 03:39 PM
That is not true you must have misunderstood. You need someone who has magazine storage to write you a letter saying you can use there magazine as contingency storage in the event you don't shoot the fireworks off after purchase and need to store them. Normally your 1.3g supplier will do this for you.

The ATF type 54 license allows you to buy 1.3g and own it. To discharge any product the ATF will tell you its your responsibility to follow state laws.

Oh ok. I understand the contingency form and know where to get one of those at but i could of sworn i heard him say getting permission on the 2nd disc, i must have misunderstood.
Thanks!

aerialpyro
07-11-2017, 06:30 PM
You must be in compliance with state laws. It is possible you may need a state operators license or some other form of certification or approval to be able to shoot fireworks in your state.

Bigboomjeff
07-11-2017, 06:41 PM
I won't need it to get my 54 license though right? Im just wanting a license to purchase

aerialpyro
07-11-2017, 07:23 PM
I won't need it to get my 54 license though right? Im just wanting a license to purchase

Others that know better can chime in, but the ATF requires you to be in compliance with local law. Most of the time I think this means you need something from the state to shoot, but not purchase and posses as that happens at the federal level. For me, I think that means I do need the state first because I plan on purchasing for use in in my state.

displayfireworks1
07-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Your wrong about state anything. Well it is that time to shut new registration on pyrotalk. A storm took out my cable connect, as soon as the cable comes back I am closing registration.

aerialpyro
07-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Your wrong about state anything. Well it is that time to shut new registration on pyrotalk. A storm took out my cable connect, as soon as the cable comes back I am closing registration.

Can you point us to the part of your DVD set that addresses the state stuff? Why shut down new registration? If you are frustrated with a particular type of behavior just change the rules, or lock threads that make you uncomfortable. Why can't you state what was wrong about it and where on your videos or DVD we should be able to find the answer?

Bigboomjeff
07-11-2017, 08:20 PM

Umm... Why? What is wrong about trying to get information after i bought the dvd package?

displayfireworks1
07-11-2017, 08:33 PM
There abut three of you guys emailing me and other members posting the same question multiple times. Asking for overloaded fireworks. Telling me how to render my videos and misinformed information. Now chill the hell out

displayfireworks1
07-11-2017, 09:08 PM
I'm going to give you guys a week vacation. I am also going rethink closing registration. This is usually the time of year I do close registration because some new people join with less than 10 post and post a bunch of stuff I politely call it. I am also suspicious of some of the intentions of a few new members. I getting feedback they may in fact not be who they claim to be. If you are an established member of pyrotalk forums be suspicious of private messages from relatively new members. Remember not everyone is happy I help fireworks enthusiast become ATF licensed.

ProfessorPyro
07-12-2017, 01:16 AM

Maybe you should look into what it takes to get your license first. Maybe then you will understand that the Type 54 license is to purchase.

shake the cove
07-12-2017, 09:04 PM
I was in the process of getting my state shooters license,the ATF agent asked. I also supplied the test results from APA and PGI shooters course. It also helped that I was pushing 60. Not sure their response if I was in my twenties. LOL

ajp989
07-13-2017, 12:07 PM
What if we made a FAQ Section regarding the type 54 and state licensing. We keep getting the same redundant questions over and over. I asked most of these questions myself when I first joined here everyone has to start somewhere.

ajp989
07-13-2017, 12:12 PM

You do not need anything state related to get the type 54 you can get the type 54 then do whatever state stuff you need after

displayfireworks1
07-13-2017, 02:15 PM
I'm going to address this ATF license issue. I know people want to be helpful, I prefer to answer ATF license questions on the forums or please direct someone to my ATF/DVD package. If they purchased the package I’ll deal with them off the forums when issues occur. What you sometime see on the forums is an example of emails I get this time of year from dreamers or people trying to do a work around of some sort or frankly they don't want to spend any money or expend much energy. They may in fact not even be 21 years old. The next reason, using this post as an example, there is wrong information posted. I specialize in the license and have proven even the ATF wrong in some areas of the country when they try to stop new license applications. A recent example is Ohio, New York Texas etc. if you have been following the forums you may remember that. I spend a great deal of time correcting wrong information about the ATF license process. People make phone calls to the ATF or misinterpret conversations with them , then profess to know something because the “Agent” told them. If you would ask the Inspector did you say that, they would probably say no. There are members on the forums the ATF Inspector told no and through my guidance and intervention not only are they licensed they are putting on fabulous displays and are customers of my advertisers. We don’t always believe what the ATF tells us. They in turn may not believe a lot of what we tell them.
Finally ,read some other pyrotechnic forums that tried this , all you get are disagreements and arguments about what is needed to become licensed. You also see these same dreamers register on multiple forums and shop around for an answer they want to hear. My research into these people that ask 100 questions is they do not pursue ATF licensure no matter how many questions you answer. Someone that purchases my ATF/DVD video package and never ask me one question, will randomly send me an email and tell me they are licensed , purchased a firing system, putting on fabulous displays and are new customers of some of the companies that advertise with me.
There are other websites that specialize in trying to stop me from getting enthusiast licensed by offering free help by way of their forums. As far as I can tell, their record is zero new ATF license holders. My record on getting enthusiast licensed is well established. I’m not going to imitate that model. I hope everyone understands. You want to help someone, help your friend or family member get licensed. The random people that make it here from my YouTube videos looking to get licensed, let me handle most of that.