PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown, OH

btom109
07-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Hey whats going on everyone, brand new to the forum just wanted to stop by and throw out a quick question while introducing myself.
So what does everyone do after the 4th? I spent months preparing for last weekend and now that it's all over I am kinda bummed out. Since I live in Ohio I can realistically only take advantage of the weekend before the 4th otherwise the police will always stop by. I have seen some pyro clubs get mentioned but I honestly don't want to have to wait a whole a year to keep doing this.

Thanks Everyone

djsmurf
07-09-2017, 09:00 PM
btom109 first of all welcome! If you are interested in moving forward NEOPG shoots in your area from late May into September. Shoot me a PM when you have time.

Pyro Paul
07-09-2017, 11:30 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk! to answer your question I start doing research and coming up with plans for the next shoot. Tenatively, I'm aiming for Labor day if I can get a permit. Otherwise I'll be doing it on New Years Eve (the second legal holiday in Ks to shoot fireworks). Aside from that there's always a commercial shoot or two that I get asked to help with. Seems like the guys that do the small commercial shoots always need help with setup, teardown and handfiring.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Welcome aboard btom109! Glad to have you. I have already started working on next year's show! Watch all the show videos on here are get some ideas.

PYRODAN
07-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Greetings and salutations! I am in your neck of the woods. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm.

chriskrc
07-15-2017, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

vegassalute
07-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the group! I start researching products, refreshing my knowledge of legislative & compliance changes, booking new shows, preparing for the next immediate show and lastly, putting together a "canned" show that is prepared and ready to go with little notice.

jLk_pyro
07-15-2017, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the forums! The 4th is nowhere near the end of the season for me. I immediately begin planning my Labor Day show. Labor Day to New Years is probably the longest wait - granted there's not a club shoot going on during that time. If there's nothing going on around me then I obsess over people's recorded shows on youtube and brainstorm on what I'd change or add to my shows. For me, lighting something is only part of the fun =]

jknepp1954
07-16-2017, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the forums! The 4th is nowhere near the end of the season for me. I immediately begin planning my Labor Day show. Labor Day to New Years is probably the longest wait - granted there's not a club shoot going on during that time. If there's nothing going on around me then I obsess over people's recorded shows on youtube and brainstorm on what I'd change or add to my shows. For me, lighting something is only part of the fun =]
What club do you belong to? I belong to 4 clubs and there is 5 club shoots during that time from Labor day to NYE.

Wholesale Fireworks
07-17-2017, 01:27 PM
If you have the itch, you definitely want to get involved with a club. The local guys here in town are active in the NEOPG. you want to check them out.
Welcome to the forum and if you ever just want to talk fireworks stop over to the Hubbard store and say hello.

hawkeye0323
07-17-2017, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the group. Your not far from me.

displayfireworks1
07-17-2017, 07:30 PM
Welcome to all the new pyrotalk members. These are turbulent and exciting times to be involved in pyrotechnics. I have been busy but want to welcome the new members.
I see you are from Youngstown Ohio. One of my favorite recent articles I read was "The City that fell in love with the mob", no disrespect to Youngstown Ohio but I found the article most fascinating. Thanks everyone for signing up. If you have any pictures or videos of your fireworks setup or displays please post them

adultuser
07-20-2017, 02:46 PM
What club do you belong to? I belong to 4 clubs and there is 5 club shoots during that time from Labor day to NYE.

Hey JKNEPP, any of those 5 shoots in Pa? Thanks!