PDA

View Full Version : Last few minutes of my fireworks

Pyro Paul
07-09-2017, 02:58 PM
I was able to secure some raw footage from a family member of the end of my fireworks show. I put it as an unlisted video so I hope the link works.

https://youtu.be/u3ud0ChOzV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ud0ChOzV4&feature=youtu.be

Bazerk
07-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Dude that was good man. I wish we could see the whole thing. Great job!

Stormcrow
07-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Nice. What shot all the mines?

Pyro Paul
07-09-2017, 04:16 PM
If you're talking about the gold mines with the blue tips that was silky sky from wfboom, If you're talking about the ones with the red strobing that was a fan cake called homeward bound. I pulled the end fuses in silky sky and used them as slices. The comets were taken out of pyroclastic fan cakes and set up in sets of 6 to make homemade slices. Sadly I've noticed that wfboom is not carrying the products I purchased last year... :(

Stormcrow
07-09-2017, 04:39 PM
How do you stabilize the slices? Love the silky sky.

WithReport
07-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Nice Job. I, too, like the gold mines with blue tips.

I like the individual slices of the cake - I ended up taking a similar approach with some of my cakes. I'll probably do that again next year.

Curious if you have the stuff from Wfboom shipped, how early, and were there any issues. I ask because I ordered stuff for the first time this year and it was lost in shipment.

Pyro Paul
07-09-2017, 09:59 PM
How do you stabilize the slices? Love the silky sky.

I only cut the wrapping enough to expose the fuse at the bottom of the tubes, then pull the connecting fuse between the rows out and insert e-match/initiators to set off each row independently. The cakes are glued down to plywood with liquid nail.

Pyro Paul
07-09-2017, 10:06 PM
Nice Job. I, too, like the gold mines with blue tips.

I like the individual slices of the cake - I ended up taking a similar approach with some of my cakes. I'll probably do that again next year.

Curious if you have the stuff from Wfboom shipped, how early, and were there any issues. I ask because I ordered stuff for the first time this year and it was lost in shipment.

I ordered from wfboom last year during their sale, I didn't have any problems other than I kept adding to it before it shipped but they accommodated me. They had great customer service. I've been browsing thru their selection this year but I see the only thing they have left that I liked from last year was cascade 500 gram and aquarian 200 gram. I doubt I'll order from them this year for just a couple of cases. Hopefully they'll bring some of the other stuff back like pyroclastic with the 25 comets and red wave with the red mines and the power 10 assorment with silky sky and glittering galaxy and some of the other single effect cakes.

Mattp
07-12-2017, 11:30 PM
Great ending.. and what made it even better was the lee greenwood playing along with it!!!! Great show