PDA

View Full Version : 4th setup pics

ras1986
07-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Here is the setup for the 4th show. Lost 2 mods again due to fire, you would think I'd learn my lesson the first time. I'm sure y'all can see which mods I lost due to dumb placement. No wind all day and 30 mins before shoot the winds kicked up to 20 - 25 mph. Left center and right positions. Left and right were mirrors and were all fan cakes. They went while big bore 2 and 3 inch cakes went off in the center.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2475&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2476&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2477&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2478&stc=1

chriskrc
07-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Man that sicks losing the mods but nice set up though.

Pyro Paul
07-09-2017, 10:31 AM
I agree with Chris, nice set up. Was that all 1.3? some of those 1.3 cakes are kinda pricey...

ras1986
07-09-2017, 11:36 AM
It's all 1.3. All cake show. Minus the finale. 5 cases of supernova 1.4 canister shells for false and main finale. 4 cases being willows only. I feel that dollar for dollar 1.3 cakes are the same or cheaper as 1.4. My philosophy is that it takes a full case of 500 gram cakes to come close to a single large 1.3g cake and the 1.3 will always sound better. Last year I was shooting a full case of 1.4 at a time to get a large spread across the sky, now I only need a single nice 100 shot fan or z cake .

joewad
07-09-2017, 11:53 AM
It's all 1.3. All cake show. Minus the finale. 5 cases of supernova 1.4 canister shells for false and main finale. 4 cases being willows only. I feel that dollar for dollar 1.3 cakes are the same or cheaper as 1.4. My philosophy is that it takes a full case of 500 gram cakes to come close to a single large 1.3g cake and the 1.3 will always sound better. Last year I was shooting a full case of 1.4 at a time to get a large spread across the sky, now I only need a single nice 100 shot fan or z cake .

I agree with your 1.3 versus 1.4 cake usage and price.

displayfireworks1
07-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Why is that plywood facing that way, are you protecting the ocean? LOL I like how you kept the cakes in the boxes

ras1986
07-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Why is that plywood facing that way, are you protecting the ocean? LOL I like how you kept the cakes in the boxes

Dave I can't controll the crowd on the beach. The show is for the neighborhood behind the plywood and is very far away. The wood is to protect from cakes blowing apart and shooting into the uninvited crowd. I can't tell them where to stay because I don't own the beach and can't close it down. Most of the people are nice and stay back where I ask them to but there's always a few that want to stand on top of the fireworks to get a better view. Lol I had almost no cleanup since everything burned to the ground.

djsmurf
07-09-2017, 09:08 PM
Dave I can't controll the crowd on the beach. The show is for the neighborhood behind the plywood and is very far away. The wood is to protect from cakes blowing apart and shooting into the uninvited crowd. I can't tell them where to stay because I don't own the beach and can't close it down. Most of the people are nice and stay back where I ask them to but there's always a few that want to stand on top of the fireworks to get a better view. Lol I had almost no cleanup since everything burned to the ground.

Nice work on the protection for the unknown. Sucks you lost 2 mods. Did you have extinguishers? Nice setup by the looks of it.

PyroManiacs
07-10-2017, 01:36 AM
I can't tell them where to stay because I don't own the beach and can't close it down. Most of the people are nice and stay back where I ask them to but there's always a few that want to stand on top of the fireworks to get a better view.

Im confused, so the fire marshal says its okay for people to walk around in the firing zone? How do the laws work in this area?

Nice little setup too.

ras1986
07-10-2017, 07:31 AM
The ahj never showed up. I have no idea why. I was a lone soldier to keep people in line. It's a very small town and I think they had better things to do

esgrillo
07-10-2017, 02:15 PM
very nice set-up!

PyroManiacs
07-10-2017, 09:53 PM
The ahj never showed up. I have no idea why. I was a lone soldier to keep people in line. It's a very small town and I think they had better things to do

Interesting, lol.