PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Poconos

JimmyR1Rider
07-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Hey everyone,

Just figured I'd do an introductory thread. Just a fireworks enthusiast and retired NYC firefighter. Have always loved both watching and firing fireworks.

I have no technical info or anything, just thought this would be a cool forum to join and read about you alls experiences.

Anyway, take care.....Jimmy.

Pyro Paul
07-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the Pyrotalk Jimmy.

JimmyR1Rider
07-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the Pyrotalk Jimmy.

Thank you very much Paul.

BhadDawg
07-08-2017, 12:12 AM
Welcome!

Love to see Fireman take an interest in Pyro!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2017, 12:31 AM
Welcome aboard Jimmy! Glad to have you. So did you shoot a show this year? If so, have any video or pictures to share?

JimmyR1Rider
07-08-2017, 03:06 AM
Thanks guys. Rick, just some stuff my soon to be wife got from phantom. No photos. I'd love to get licensed to be able to buy and do shows here in PA. I have 4 1/2 acres but can't do anything legally. We were on long island at her dad's place and just had fun with it.

Was enjoyable is all that matters.

JimmyR1Rider
07-08-2017, 03:08 AM
I'm new to this side of it and am green so I've been searching for what info I can find licensing wise. I'm not real computer savvy though so it's not easy weeding through loads to find the info I'm really looking for. It's probably hidden in plain sight though I'm sure.

Pyro Paul
07-08-2017, 08:08 AM
At the bottom of this webpage, there is a black bar, look for pyrotalk.com and click on that link. On the pyrotalk.com webpage at the top click on online shopping. Daves ATF package is there. That will get you on your way for applying for a federal type 54 explosives license.

JimmyR1Rider
07-08-2017, 08:36 AM
At the bottom of this webpage, there is a black bar, look for pyrotalk.com and click on that link. On the pyrotalk.com webpage at the top click on online shopping. Daves ATF package is there. That will get you on your way for applying for a federal type 54 explosives license.

Ahh ok. Thanks a lot paul

chriskrc
07-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the Forum Jimmy. Lots of Pyros here in PA. I would advise you connect with a couple of them and get som experience with 1.4 before you even consider making the move to 1.3 product. Time & experience are your friends in this hobby.

shake the cove
07-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys. Rick, just some stuff my soon to be wife got from phantom. No photos. I'd love to get licensed to be able to buy and do shows here in PA. I have 4 1/2 acres but can't do anything legally. We were on long island at her dad's place and just had fun with it.

Was enjoyable is all that matters.
your lucky you are in a pyro friendly state and plenty of Dave's sponsors close to you Kneppys, Kellnars etc. And plenty of Type 54 holders if not mistaken. Dave could inform you further on that.. Welcome

JimmyR1Rider
07-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the Forum Jimmy. Lots of Pyros here in PA. I would advise you connect with a couple of them and get som experience with 1.4 before you even consider making the move to 1.3 product. Time & experience are your friends in this hobby.

Thanks. I'd LOVE to volunteer for some shows to assist and get experience. Like you said with some 1.4 stuff and move up from there. I'm looking forward to meeting some pros from here that's for sure.

JimmyR1Rider
07-08-2017, 10:50 PM
your lucky you are in a pyro friendly state and plenty of Dave's sponsors close to you Kneppys, Kellnars etc. And plenty of Type 54 holders if not mistaken. Dave could inform you further on that.. Welcome

Thanks very much. I'd love like I responded a minute ago to connect with some fellow enthusiasts. I'm heavy into smoking meats so if anyone likes bbq and is in my area it may be a nice meet up.

Pyro Paul
07-09-2017, 12:10 AM
Yeah, go shoot some 1.4 cakes next week, light then run, light then run, light then run... Then find some pyro's to do 1.3 and you'll never want to do 1.4 again :cool:

PyroManiacs
07-09-2017, 02:08 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

adultuser
07-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Yeah, go shoot some 1.4 cakes next week, light then run, light then run, light then run... Then find some pyro's to do 1.3 and you'll never want to do 1.4 again :cool:

WELCOME JIMMY!
Heck, looks like we might be neighbors.
Hey Paul, I'm surprised you would say that. I've shot tons of both, and actually, think that the newer 1.4 is actually pretty comparable in most cases if you know how to mix and match them and have some good insider friends that can tell you the re-wraps, etc. Not comparable on pricing for sure, but on effects.
Of course, I could just be getting older and more risk averse and that is my way of justifying it:rolleyes::p

jknepp1954
07-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Welcome to Pyro Talk forum. If you get a chance to come this way into central PA - stop by our Store. We are open M thru Sat 10 to 6. Closed Sundays.
And i love good smoked BBQ meats! YUM!

Pyro Paul
07-11-2017, 07:33 PM
some consumer might compare to a 3 inch shell maybe but 4 inch and above are much better when it comes to effects ;)

adultuser
07-12-2017, 12:01 PM
some consumer might compare to a 3 inch shell maybe but 4 inch and above are much better when it comes to effects ;)

You got me there. My 1.3 was mostly 3":(