PDA

View Full Version : Pyro Musical

Palermitano2
08-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Am I alone? I cannot stand watching them. To me the Music is a distraction. Now I have never shot one and I am willing to try. How do you all feel......

nrubmx
08-13-2011, 10:54 PM
i agree, i think it is a distraction...one time i went to a party and they had a band there, then there was fireworks and the band played during the firework show and i hated it!

nrubmx
08-13-2011, 10:55 PM
i would like to shoot one though..

Palermitano2
08-14-2011, 12:22 AM
I will try one for sure

indianahx
08-14-2011, 11:49 AM
If its done flawlessly and timed perfectly, yes, I think they are great. Just plain playing music in the background sucks

californiapyro
08-14-2011, 02:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReW6Q2vVaasif you get a world class pyromusical it's great! very very cool effect. like this one, they did a drum solo with ground salutes, very cool. that being said, if it's not absolutely amazing, it sucks.

Palermitano2
08-14-2011, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReW6Q2vVaasif you get a world class pyromusical it's great! very very cool effect. like this one, they did a drum solo with ground salutes, very cool. that being said, if it's not absolutely amazing, it sucks.

Lol this is a good one....

PyroJoeNEPA
08-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Since I am an Audio Engineer by profession & own a sound company my daughter has hit me with the pyromusical request for the last couple years. Let me say it is so much easier to shoot a show that to choreograph a pyromusical. Unless you have deep pockets & big $$$$ for a Fire One or comparable firing system you will see how complex it is. I would compare it to drawing with a fine point pencil vs a spray paint can!!! So many cues involved, timing, the right product to fit the program, burn times, decay & hang times, lots more low level activity like single & multiple comets & mines vs whole cakes & sky pukes and a lot more setup & prep work. Lots of comet racks & "solo" tubes vs chain fused rows of racks & cakes. It is challenging to do a small show & have it look & sound good.
Personally, I would rather not do the music interface & have a lot more time to set up a larger show, but the people do love it.
Another thing is you don't have the margin for error you do with a non-musical show--for example--this year i made a "twin towers" set piece & was going to fire it to part of the song "Where Were You" by Alan Jackson. I had all of my various set pieces on a separate 12 channel wireless system--the "towers" were on cue #11. When I hit cue #9 my finger accidentally bumped #11 right below it & set it off prematurely. Nobody knew it was a mistake at the time-but I lost the impact of the music to the fireworks set pieces & had to do a quick real time jump ahead in the computer when the program came time to play that song. Headaches, YES!!!
So, if you like challenges, give it a try, guys--with a limited budget & limited que firing system without an audio synchronized trigger you will either love it or hate it.
Let us know how it works out for you.
PS--on a side note=== it can take hundreds of hours to choreograph a professional pyromusical.

nrubmx
08-18-2011, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK6McrMS3xg&feature=player_embedded

heres another example of a great pyro musical i found

dangbang
08-23-2011, 12:53 PM
i don't mind them . i have seen a lot of them and when there done right they are wonderful . but than again the sound of pyro going off is enough music for me also .