PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

flatlander
07-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Heard on the radio that this petition is picking up steam. In Michigan not only do we pay sales tax 6% but we also pay a users fee of 6%. The users fee is supposed to go for education, enforcement and I believe the Fire Departments. We are allowed by law to discharge 1.4 the day before the day of and the day after most legal holidays. There have been a lot of displays Friday and Saturday giving these people more ammunition for the petition. Hope it don't go nowhere.

https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/repeal-the-michigan-firework

Cerus
07-02-2017, 07:17 PM
So they want to return to a time where fireworks were still being used except the state wasn't benefiting from the sales tax, jobs etc? Idiot liberals.

PyroManiacs
07-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Its really aggravating reading some of those comments under the signatures. They literally sound stupid.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-02-2017, 11:48 PM
We celebrate the birth of our country once a year, and these fools can't tolerate a few nights of fireworks?? Unreal.

People shouldn't be blowing off fireworks at 1am. Some level of consideration is called for too. But to call for a ban just because a small segment of society doesn't like them is ludicrous. Tolerance goes both ways.

chriskrc
07-03-2017, 08:31 AM
Fingers are crossed for you Michigan pyros that this gows nowhere and you get to keep doing what you are doing. Lime rick said consideration and tolerance goes both ways.

adultuser
07-03-2017, 10:04 AM
Its really aggravating reading some of those comments under the signatures. They literally sound stupid.

Exactly. I for one am SOOOO tired of illiterate morons telling me what I can and cannot do- and it isn't just limited to pyro....

PYRODAN
07-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Commie twinkle toe snowflakes!