PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Beaver county/Butler county

Cfowler
06-30-2017, 06:02 AM
Always been a pyro but then I stumbled across daves videos on YouTube last week and he defiantly (sparked) my interest further. 2 days ago I went to kellners and spend a grand. Thanks Dave the wife wasn't as excited. If anyone has any Experiance with anyone if the lower prices firing systems kellners sells I would like some feedback. I did see the video of Dave telling us that it's okay to go cheap at first to Experiance pushing a button. I'm sure I will graduate into a cobra since my Hobby's always get expensive. Thanks again

displayfireworks1
06-30-2017, 06:53 AM
Thanks for signing onto to the forums. I see you are right up the road from me in Butler County. It sounds like you are ATF licensed , is that correct? If you want to learn more about electrical firing and are not afraid to do some physical work, stop at my sportsman club fireworks display in August in Collier Township Pa. We do a fireworks display their every year. Last year we used the FireTEK and probably will again this year.
If you are looking for fireworks firing systems less than the price of a Cobra , check out one of my advertisers pyroboom.
http://www.pyroboom.com/products.aspx?name=firing

thump junkie
06-30-2017, 07:10 AM
Welcome. Some of the small fire systems that kelners sells work just fine. I switched to the cobra system last year. Love it. Just remember Christmas is coming, santa just may leave you a new 18r2 under the tree. LOL.

Cfowler
06-30-2017, 07:17 AM
Thanks for signing onto to the forums. I see you are right up the road from me in Butler County. It sounds like you are ATF licensed , is that correct? If you want to learn more about electrical firing and are not afraid to do some physical work, stop at my sportsman club fireworks display in August in Collier Township Pa. We do a fireworks display their every year. Last year we used the FireTEK and probably will again this year.
If you are looking for fireworks firing systems less than the price of a Cobra , check out one of my advertisers pyroboom.
http://www.pyroboom.com/products.aspx?name=firing

I am not ATF licensed YET. However I am very interested in fusing,setup,learning. I have a basic understanding of these small systems just haven't used one yet.

jknepp1954
06-30-2017, 08:04 AM
Cfower - welcome to pyrotalk. When you get a chance - stop by our fireworks store in Kylertown, Pa. Lots of quality pyro goodies for your pyro ITCH>
And Forum Members do get 30% off the retail pricing!!! PLUS the VIP program!!! HUGE HUGE savings!!!

adultuser
06-30-2017, 08:49 AM
Welcome. I would recommend you consider the P12 12-cue firing system at Pyroboom. Keep in mind, if you get a larger 32 que type system, all of your fireworks have to be tied into that single box. This may or may not be a problem depending on the size of your show- for me the wires became an issue. But with the P12, you get mobility options. For example, you can use one receiver 100 yards to the left and wire up some fireworks there, then place the second receiver in an entirely different area and same with the third. I have both this type and a Cobra and still use the P12's alot.
Good luck.

chriskrc
06-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

PyroManiacs
06-30-2017, 12:37 PM
Welcome to Pyrotalk!

Kenny East
07-01-2017, 06:43 AM
Welcome to the forums

BhadDawg
07-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Welcome!!!

hawkeye0323
07-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Cfowler,
I am also from Butler county. Pm me sometime and we can try and help each other out. I am always looking to get some experience.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

Northern Sky
07-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Welcome aboard neighbor. I am just up the road in Erie PA. I shoot with a Cobra system and get to use it down your way periodically. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

hawkeye0323
07-14-2017, 01:50 PM
Dave, are you looking for any assistance for your sportsman club show?

displayfireworks1
07-14-2017, 08:11 PM
August 26 is the date. Send me a PM telling something about your experience . age etc. I have to be clear this is not an open shoot it is very similar to setting up a professional display. That includes lifting carrying , wiring tear down etc. and there is no compensation other than food and drink for all of us. You have to be OK with physical work. But its fun and a great learning experience. Plus the club members love us and all the boom. As a matter of fact, they get mad if there is not enough fire and boom.

hawkeye0323
07-14-2017, 09:33 PM
I'll send you a pm.

displayfireworks1
07-14-2017, 09:37 PM
I just noticed Northern Sky trying to steal my help again. You supposed to wait until I train them and then steal them. LOL