PDA

View Full Version : new to pyro talk

peterdmpr
06-30-2017, 01:41 AM
hey new to this site. very big firework enthusiast here and was wondering maybe if someone can help me out. i wanted to start shooting professionally. maybe by joining a club or something any one can guide me in the right direction? I'm from NYC. don't mind traveling if i have too. thanks for the help

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2017, 02:21 AM
Hey there Peter. Welcome aboard. Do you get to shoot anything in NYC? My guess is not so much. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can point you in the direction of a pyro club in New York or Pennsylvania.

displayfireworks1
06-30-2017, 07:05 AM
If you want to work professional on display start by signing up with Pyrotecnico. They offer free training. Usually these classes start well before the July 4th holiday.
http://www.pyrotecnico.com/careers/become-a-pyrotecnico-technician-
There are other fireworks companies on pyrotalk that shoot displays. Maybe one of them may see this and send you a private message. If you want to learn to shoot fireworks you have to first start by learning to unload the truck. Are you ok with doing physical lifting and carrying in the hot sun? This is a big part of the job. At this late in the game , without training they may need extra labor. But the upside is if they see you are not afraid to work , they will call you for other displays and you get to see how things are done. On the job training.Remember there are no real pyro schools in United States.

jknepp1954
06-30-2017, 07:54 AM
CLUBS - recommendations.
Pa Pyro Artists - I personally host a shoot this upcoming Sept 23.
Cracker Jacks - They have a shoot in August sometime near Bloomsburg, Pa.
NLPC - Has shoot this August in Altoona, then Sept in Brookville. April shoot/shows usually in April sometime.

PyroManiacs
06-30-2017, 12:40 PM
Welcome to Pyrotalk, Peter!

chriskrc
06-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you

PyroJoeNEPA
06-30-2017, 09:08 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Peter. I am a member of both the CrackerJacks and PA Pyro Artists clubs. If you would like more info on either--or both--of the clubs, shoot me a PM.