PDA

View Full Version : TNT recalls exploding smoke bombs.

RalphieJ
06-28-2017, 08:58 PM
As announced on ABC (New York) tonight, TNT fireworks has recalled their "Red, White, and Blue" smoke bombs due to the items exploding instead of smoking. The product was sold in Mid-western Walmarts. Congratulations go out to those of you who were able to procure some before being pulled from the shelves.

Cerus
06-28-2017, 10:00 PM
I hope the people injured sue them out of business. They deserve nothing less for the tattle tale app they created.

Icooclast
06-28-2017, 10:08 PM
I hope the people injured sue them out of business. They deserve nothing less for the tattle tale app they created.

i just heard about this a few min. ago. but i don't know anything about the app, send me a pm, please. and yeah. this is a shame, because some people out there are already concerned about fireworks (or just ar plain anti-fireworks) and will likely use any injuries from this as a reason they need banned.

Cerus
06-29-2017, 01:28 AM
i just heard about this a few min. ago. but i don't know anything about the app, send me a pm, please. and yeah. this is a shame, because some people out there are already concerned about fireworks (or just ar plain anti-fireworks) and will likely use any injuries from this as a reason they need banned.

It's amazing that safe and sane states still allow things like sparklers. Those things cause plenty of injuries. Yet people hand them to their kids to run around and play with.

Makes no difference to me though. ILs ban has never stopped me before and I'm more than happy to give my tax dollars to neighboring free states.

Wholesale Fireworks
06-29-2017, 03:29 PM
I actually had some customers come into our Hubbard store about three weeks ago asking if we had exploding smoke sticks. I thought they were joking and they told me they had bought some but couldn't remember where they bought them and wanted to know if we carried them. I told them "Smoke doesn't EXPLODE" boy was I wrong!

BhadDawg
06-29-2017, 10:43 PM
I actually had some customers come into our Hubbard store about three weeks ago asking if we had exploding smoke sticks. I thought they were joking and they told me they had bought some but couldn't remember where they bought them and wanted to know if we carried them. I told them "Smoke doesn't EXPLODE" boy was I wrong!

Had this happen a few years ago with some of my customers with another brand of the colored smoke, The first customer that mentioned that he didn't know that the big smoke tubes exploded I kind of dismissed as someone confused. Then one of my friends called and told me he had some of those exploding smoke bombs but some of them were duds because all of them were not exploding, I started to panic. I managed to get them all pulled and resupplied with another brand, but boy did that make me nervous and curious as to whether or not I had a good product liability policy.