PDA

View Full Version : How to time cakes for overlap

natedogg284752
06-27-2017, 09:00 PM
alright pyro's !!!! I am doing a show all with 1.4 and i have about 50 cakes ill be using in 2 different locations along with about 100 shells during the body, and a 100 shot shell finale. I have them all timed out and they will start with 10% overlap then 25, 50 and 75% right before the finale.... my question is what is the best way to fuse the cakes to try and get the most accurate overlap possible? Say i want on cake to start 27 sec after the cake before it. how do i try and get it as close to the 27 sec as possible without actually e-firing 50 cakes?? and and all input will be appreciated I'm hoping for about a 9-10 min show curious if ill have too much going on as well, having what they call sky puke.

adultuser
06-27-2017, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry to tell you there is no answer for that. You need to time your cakes (look at videos for duration) then figure out the time burn on
your fuse and adjust accordingly to slower or faster. This hobby of ours requires alot of practice and testing. And of course efiring while work intensive, will get you to be where you want to be. But that takes work also....

Rick_In_Tampa
06-27-2017, 11:40 PM
I'd just echo what adultuser already said. Doing what you're trying to do with visco is next to impossible. I've tried for years and never came close. I was measuring visco with a ruler at one point and connecting it to my cakes in an attempt to get the timing right. It didn't work. So I bit the bullet and bought a Cobra system. When it comes to daisy-chaining cakes with long runs of visco, close is going to have to be good enough.

Kenny East
06-28-2017, 05:29 AM
Timing with cakes is hit or miss anyways... One will shoot in 45 seconds one day and another from the same case could shoot in 35 seconds... That's why i chain 200gram cakes and e fire the 500 gram cakes... No easier way to do it... You could jump fire from a certain row in a cake to another with some really fast fuse, but you would have to tear off a lot of the outside of a cake to get at the chain fuse inside. Then you have no guarantee that the fire will transfer... And if the cake will hold together after you peal back all the cardboard to get your fast fuse inside. Wish i had a better solution

Northern Sky
06-28-2017, 11:08 AM
First off I'll say is I e-fire now exclusively.

The only way to even come close with fuse on two positions is use the same fuse on both sides and run one long trunk fuse on each side and connect off of that to hit each event.