PDA

View Full Version : anyone here like 16,000 firecracker rolls?

Icooclast
06-27-2017, 01:12 AM
i love them. but i see a lot pof people unraveling them and then lighting them. it looks good don't get me wrong, but i think they're better when left in a roll and the paper taken off of them (if possible) they don't last as long (not that i've timed one) but man does it seem more intense than everyone rolling them out.

anyone have any thoughts or preferences when it comes to 16,000 rolls or any other kind of firecrackers for that matter?

Berserker23
06-27-2017, 02:12 AM
I love the 16,000 firecracker rolls but I hate the mess lots of trash

matandch
06-27-2017, 02:13 AM
If you want to really annoy your neighbors unravel them. If you want to WOW them keep them rolled up. If you want to super WOW them, stack up several unravelled rolls.

As far as clean up, the no pain, no gain rule holds true. Just go for it and do what you have to do as far as clean up goes.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-27-2017, 02:13 AM
Not a big fan of firecrackers. Just a bunch of noise and a hell of a lot of paper to clean up.

Icooclast
06-27-2017, 02:29 AM
yeah, they do make a mess pretty quickly don't they? but a broom and dust pan takes care of that. and it helps to remove the red paper from them before lighting them.. just less to clean up if you do that.

Kenny East
06-27-2017, 05:58 AM
I hang them in the tree that's in the middle of my shoot site... Between the consumer products area and the class b racks... I take the paper off... And hang them over the lower branches... Adding a few better crackers every so often.... Adding a few 15' rolls of magic whip for added effect

adultuser
06-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Interesting. I always unroll them and light to start my show. They are my backdrop noise while I shoot the rest of the show I suppose. Come to think about it, I don't recall anyone commenting one way or the other. Just something I've always done.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-27-2017, 04:47 PM
I lit a 20,000 TAU string in the afternoon before my show on Saturday along with a bunch of the pull string "grenade" color smokes from Knepp'ys to entertain all the little [and big] kids running around. They loved it all. Smokes had really nice deep color to them! I rolled the string out---it had a nice size head bomb on it--and the crackers were in three layers--two of smaller standard size crackers and a layer of bigger ones. Didn't hear any difference---

Mattp
06-28-2017, 06:37 AM
I love the 16,000 shots get one or two every year. We roll it out zig zagigin and overlapping.. so it last a little while, each time it overlaps and branches out it gets louder and more powerful. And leave a nice little section rolled up at the end.. as for clean up..it is what it is..usually some of the people who enjoyed watching it have no problem helping with the cleanup too... "usually" hahaha

Icooclast
06-28-2017, 11:28 PM
ok, i found a vid on bigfireworks of a 16,000 roll still rolled when lit. see how intense it is? (just scroll down to the bottom and play the vid)
http://www.bigfireworks.com/Products/Firecrackers/1392-16000-FIRECRACKER-ROLL.html
please comment