PDA

View Full Version : Display Permit

rsn1992
06-26-2017, 12:49 PM
I have a question about what to do for a display permit when the town I am doing the shoot in is so small they do not have an procedure for such a thing.
This my first time using my type 54 and I want to be sure when the time comes to renew my type 54 that there are no problems. A little background on the show,the show is in Michigan and is on private property for a private event. This not a display for money it is my own show.

Thank you in advance

liame
06-26-2017, 05:52 PM
i would say ask your fire chief or ask your selectmen. if they cant help try the state fire marshal

Kenny East
06-27-2017, 06:07 AM
In Michigan it's up to your authority having jurisdiction... So township board, local fire marshals, police department, fire department... Their isn't a firm definition of who can and can not give permission in Michigan.. Their is a template application available for local authorities to use, or they can give the permission without it... Most jurisdictions just want a waiver of liability incase something goes wrong...

jbags091992
06-27-2017, 11:31 AM
No where in the orange book does it say you have to produce permits to the atf.

ras1986
06-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Yep. They don't care.. not their jurisdiction

displayfireworks1
06-27-2017, 05:51 PM
I would look on the city website and search the word fireworks. If nothing comes up. Don't call anyone. If you are shooting on the same days fireworks are allowed to be shot in Michigan, why are you calling anyone?

flatlander
06-28-2017, 10:58 PM
rsn1992
Getting the Type 54 was the easy part, in Michigan getting the permit to have the display was another thing. Here is a link hope it works and helps. I don't want to discourage you but I was unable to get no where with the permit process. The ATF Agent that interviewed me told me to make sure that I have the proper Permit paperwork to go along with my 1.3 purchases.
Maybe others in Michigan can chime in with their experiences. I also took the PGI class hoping that it would influence the AHJ when I applied for the permit. In Michigan it is legal to display 1.4 fireworks (without a permit) the day before the day of and the day after the legal holidays, so if you are having your show in the legal timeframe you may not draw attention to yourself.
I was at a Halloween party in a rural area and the host was shooting some 1.3. The neighbors called the police because of their livestock going crazy. The officers asked the landowner for his permit which he did not have and just shut him down with a warning. Forum Members please correct me if I am wrong.
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/2017_BFS_417_Display_Permit_application_for_2017_1 0_6_16_545630_7_571417_7.pdf

rsn1992
06-29-2017, 03:26 PM
That is really my big concern. I know the township is more than ok with the fireworks so I am not too worried about having a permit in that regard. The problem is how do I prove to the atf agent when its time to renew my Type 54 that I shot the 1.3 product the day I picked it up?

PyroManiacs
06-30-2017, 07:51 PM
If you shot it on the day you picked it...you shot it on the day you picked it up.

Just make sure you shoot it on the day you pick it up.