PDA

View Full Version : Main fuse vs backup/connector fuse

Cberry20
06-25-2017, 08:32 PM
Can someone help me with the what the second fuse on a 1.3 cake is for? Some say backup fuse, and some set connector fuse. I was thinking of being able to link cakes together and wondering if this is how? And would there be black sky between cakes of done this way

ras1986
06-25-2017, 08:49 PM
Can someone help me with the what the second fuse on a 1.3 cake is for? Some say backup fuse, and some set connector fuse. I was thinking of being able to link cakes together and wondering if this is how? And would there be black sky between cakes of done this way

You can piggy back cakes with the green fuse to red. Red is the start fuse and the green is end. You can also double fire it to make it shoot twice as fast. As far as black sky... there my only be a half second before the next cake fires. It's lighting quick pass fire

ras1986
06-25-2017, 08:50 PM
Do you have your 54 or did you buy some bootleg 1.3 cakes?

Cberry20
06-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Yes I do have a license. Using a cobra firing system which I usually just cue each cake but was thinking it would be easier to run a few chains instead to save some cues for other things. Thank you for the help

Kenny East
06-26-2017, 05:06 AM
Yes I do have a license. Using a cobra firing system which I usually just cue each cake but was thinking it would be easier to run a few chains instead to save some cues for other things. Thank you for the help

Can save on cues but you will lose some control over your show... If they fire faster than expected you could end up with a short show, or if a cake hang fires you could end up with a big gap in your show.. Just my thoughts on chaining cakes.

Cberry20
06-30-2017, 12:37 PM
Some of the cakes second fuse say connector fuse and some say backup fuse. Is there a difference? I didn't want to chain them as I never have done it before and used cues from cobra firing system but one of the cobra boxes isn't working anymore and need to find an alternate solution. So if anyone has some good input if chaining like 5-6 cakes together would work or not I would appreciate it. Thank you

ras1986
06-30-2017, 09:29 PM
Some of the cakes second fuse say connector fuse and some say backup fuse. Is there a difference? I didn't want to chain them as I never have done it before and used cues from cobra firing system but one of the cobra boxes isn't working anymore and need to find an alternate solution. So if anyone has some good input if chaining like 5-6 cakes together would work or not I would appreciate it. Thank you

I'll tell you exactly what do do if you post a pic of your license. There is way to much 1.3 bootleg users out there. I don't want to help someone break the law

PyroManiacs
06-30-2017, 10:12 PM
There is way to much 1.3 bootleg users out there.

Yea, I feel asking these kinds of questions are basics that anyone with a license should already know.

WithReport
06-30-2017, 11:04 PM
I understand the hesitation on providing guidance or answering questions on bootlegging, but I just posted a similar question regarding 1.4. I figure adding/changing fuse is no different than re-insert a new fuse when a cake doesn't completely fire. That has to be better than just tossing it out.

My question on the the another thread here (http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?5950-NIABs-vs-NOABs&highlight=noab) is what happens if I pull the two fuses out and replace them on a NOAB or NIAB to individually fire the tubes.

I'm scratching my head here as I had ordered a bunch of 1.4 Pro from ACE Pyro and after more than a week of dealing with the delivery company, they told me yesterday they lost it all.

I've no license and I'm not bootlegging any 1.3 stuff. Only jealous of those that have it and hope to join you eventually. Just trying to get real creative with 1.4 (we all start somewhere).

Regards,
With Report

ras1986
07-01-2017, 08:58 AM
I understand the hesitation on providing guidance or answering questions on bootlegging, but I just posted a similar question regarding 1.4. I figure adding/changing fuse is no different than re-insert a new fuse when a cake doesn't completely fire. That has to be better than just tossing it out.

My question on the the another thread here (http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?5950-NIABs-vs-NOABs&highlight=noab) is what happens if I pull the two fuses out and replace them on a NOAB or NIAB to individually fire the tubes.

I'm scratching my head here as I had ordered a bunch of 1.4 Pro from ACE Pyro and after more than a week of dealing with the delivery company, they told me yesterday they lost it all.

I've no license and I'm not bootlegging any 1.3 stuff. Only jealous of those that have it and hope to join you eventually. Just trying to get real creative with 1.4 (we all start somewhere).

Regards,
With Report

When I say bootleg, I mean purchasing these 1.3 items illegally from someone with a license who is selling them illegally. This is a felony and if something happens it makes it worse for the guys who are doing everything legally. As far as fusing 1.4 cakes differently there is nothing wrong with that, I have no issues. I'm sorry about your order being lost, that happened to me about 3 years ago but they found it in time.