PDA

View Full Version : Caution

adultuser
06-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Hey Guys,
I just wanted to comment on something that crossed my mind yesterday as we approach our favorite Holiday of the year. With everyone posting their stashes and setups, I've noticed that many people store their stuff in their garages, sheds, etc. Many times with doors wide open.
I want to point out that my advises vary based upon jurisdiction, but at least where I am located (PA) something needs to be recognized- while Pennsylvanians can cross the border into Ohio or Maryland to purchase fireworks legally, it is still illegal to possess them in PA without proper licensure. IF you store them in the open, you run the risk of getting seen and prosecuted if you don't have a license. More importantly, with some of the humongous stashes that some of us possess, you run the risk of getting charged not just with possession, but with possession with intent to distribute as few would believe that some of our stashes are solely for personal use ( I know, they just don't get it). With that said,
and depending on your jurisdiction, if you store in your garage or shed or some other open facility, be cautious. KEEP YOUR DOORS SHUT! If Po Po passes by, or nosey neighbors have prying eyes, you run the risk of big trouble if you are not properly licensed. Just because you can legally buy them doesn't mean you can legally possess them.
Trust me, I've been a prosecutor for a number of years, and this is not up for debate. Be cautious and above all, discrete. Have fun and be safe.
ps- I know that 99.9% of us are properly licensed, so this message is just for the remaining .01%......

ras1986
06-23-2017, 08:55 AM
Good point. Some of us even have over 1000 pounds. That warrants a magazine. Well.... at least that's how it is in tx. I think this is a nationwide law. Shells are 50% gross weight and cakes are 25% gross weight. Someone correct me if I am wrong please. If I am understanding correctly, any 1.4 fireworks stash over 1000 lbs of comp need a magazine.

PyroManiacs
06-23-2017, 10:33 PM
The ATF does not regulate storage of 1.4G fireworks.

That must be a Texas thing.