View Full Version : Family reunion/fireworks

lunchboxpyro
08-11-2011, 09:21 PM
im trying to organize a family reunion where i can shoot off my fireworks at the end.
im not really shure where to start looking. i see there are fireworks clubs ,but my
first thought was its like a gun range where people take turns shooting all day and night long ,im looking more for like a park where you can have a bbq and have a conversation without having to scream over the fireworks during the day with fireworks only at night. pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated. tanks

nrubmx
08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
if you could get a permit for somewhere that would be a great start

lunchboxpyro
08-11-2011, 09:38 PM
permit sounds like alotta work dont i need to like prove im doing everything safely or have a ATF license , so far up till now i was kinda a rebel shooting off fireworks n not caring bout laws ,but i plan on having alot of family at the reunion so im tryin not to have the police called out ... whats involved in gettin a permit , are they hard to get?

jknepp1954
08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
would be a good start to know your approx where abouts.
For permits, you generally start with contacting your AHJ (Authority having jurisdiction). That varies from state to state. could be anywhere from a fire marshall, to mayor of town, to twp supervisor, fire chief, codes enforcement officer, etc.

Pyro Nation
08-11-2011, 10:49 PM
My first permit not to scare you was torture..lol... Fire Chief took to town meeting and had it voted on... Then didnt deliver or hear from him till day of the show when he showed up with it.. Now i get it in a matter of a week when applying...

He wanted a diagram of layout, feet from objects of obstruction..like tree or powerline... and experience I have

lunchboxpyro
08-12-2011, 04:42 PM
i live in philadelphia around Rhawn & Boulevard if you know the aeria , during the holidays ie 4th of July, Labor day, Newyears, etc. Everybodys shootin off fireworks at the parks around my way so i never get hastled by the coppers but this reunion wont be on one of those days , so... maby if someone has a permit for May / June [im flexible on the date] at a large park with a picnic table Maby we can share the aeria n i will bring the fireworks i plan on getting my fireworks from WFBoom or maby Bigs so u know it will be good stuff 8^>