Height: ?
Noise: ?
Color: ?

Pyropug
06-21-2017, 08:13 PM
Junk and so are 2017 version excaliburs also junk. Go with pyro demon

vegassalute
06-21-2017, 09:07 PM
I recognize this is sacrilege to some, however, I think Excal's are a little overrated. Commander In Chief canister shells make them seem like glorified sparklers to me. My humble $02. I think the Excal marketing department has done a much better job than their R&D dept. Again, just my opinion.

djsmurf
06-21-2017, 10:52 PM
A can is a can right, lol. I have to agree with vegassalute, Commander In Chief shells are great, followed by Kiss of death. Have not shot Black Widow might have to pick some up just to check them out.

Cerus
06-22-2017, 12:26 AM
Junk and so are 2017 version excaliburs also junk. Go with pyro demon

One little thing gets changed causing people to assume the worst and then they start spreading it around as fact. There are plenty of videos showing the newer versions are the same or better.

Xclas are still some of the best bang for your buck shells out there at $50 or less for 24.

Pyropug
06-22-2017, 08:12 AM
One little thing gets changed causing people to assume the worst and then they start spreading it around as fact. There are plenty of videos showing the newer versions are the same or better.

Xclas are still some of the best bang for your buck shells out there at $50 or less for 24.

No there not, seen the 2017 excals Demo'd in person they are junk! There's 300 gram cakes that hit louder. Want some of the best get a box of Mad oz raging bulls, pyro king power Shells, and pyro king primo to name a few of the best out there.

Cerus
06-22-2017, 11:58 AM
No there not, seen the 2017 excals Demo'd in person they are junk! There's 300 gram cakes that hit louder. Want some of the best get a box of Mad oz raging bulls, pyro king power Shells, and pyro king primo to name a few of the best out there.

Bad batches happen. Videos show they're just fine and my own experience testing both the new and old ones confirm what the videos show.

To each their own but you don't sound very objective or unbiased.

Pyropug
06-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Unless the videos include a decibel meter at a certain comparable distance, there's no proof. Not only that the excels haven't been effects labeled correctly for a few years now.

JoSlicknuts
06-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Excals are and likely will be the benchmark that all others are measured against. If you have access to them, get them because they will likely be the cheapest in bulk. Nothing is going to blow them away besides the "blue" and "orange" cans that seem to be everywhere but in my stash.

jamisonlm3
06-22-2017, 05:43 PM
Excalibur does seem like the baseline everyone compares other shells to. They aren't bad shells. They are more than loud enough for me. Still, the big problem they have is they're mislabeled. The effects on the box and shells don't match and what you do get when you shoot them may or may not match either. I didn't care much for the effects I got with the box of Excalibur I shot earlier in the year. I'll be looking at other shells instead of them to shoot.

adultuser
06-23-2017, 12:18 PM
I just bought a wholesale case of excals and tested a couple last night based upon the comments in some of these threads about their demise. I've been shooting them for the past 5 years or so and they seemed to be equally good this year. Perhaps I got leftovers from last year, who knows. But I bought them this year and they were fine. With that said, I haven't come across any type or brand of firework that I can remember that hasn't diminished at some point or another after becoming popular, save for Blond Joke and the Mother series, all of which seem to be very good year after year. It seems to be the norm at least with regard to those I've used so it wouldn't surprise me if Excals diminish at some point. For now though, I'm happy with them.

FBpyro
06-23-2017, 03:10 PM
Did the shells from the case that you bought have the new "plastic cap" that everyone has been mentioning, if not than they could have been left over stock from last year. Thanks for sharing your experiences however, I'm bound to make my shopping trip for this year any day now and was wondering if I should avoid them all together and go for something else like smoke and mirrors or black mamba, both of which Iv'e never tried.

FlyingDutchman
06-23-2017, 03:21 PM
This is a fireworks comparison video happening this week. This might help you pick something out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqER5jidWQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqER5jidWQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pMPo68HyEI

Chiefsfan00
06-23-2017, 05:15 PM
I shot Black Widows in my show last year. I thought they were pretty good and I'm going to get some more this year. I used them with a mix of Excals, Phoenix, and Diablo shells.