PDA

View Full Version : Non regulated ematch

ras1986
06-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Ok.... I am not the only one who has seen this I hope. All day you can find hundreds of pages of ematch on eBay in various lengths.. this is the orange wire with green or red shroud. Looks like 1.3 match.they ship these to my door as 1.4. How is this possible when mjg has the ONLY unregulated ematch. It works good to. Bought it last year

Bazerk
06-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Ok.... I am not the only one who has seen this I hope. All day you can find hundreds of pages of ematch on eBay in various lengths.. this is the orange wire with green or red shroud. Looks like 1.3 match.they ship these to my door as 1.4. How is this possible when mjg has the ONLY unregulated ematch. It works good to. Bought it last year

It's coming from China. Somehow they get around customs via some loophole. I ask you though....why not just buy from KJG? The price is equivalent.

ras1986
06-10-2017, 02:30 PM
I got all my ematch from casabella this year. I just have some left over from last year and I came across them today.

yoshisbar
06-10-2017, 10:20 PM
It's coming from China. Somehow they get around customs via some loophole. I ask you though....why not just buy from KJG? The price is equivalent.

Price on ebay is not the same as mjg. China ones are almost half the price, but 3 weeks to wait to get them..

Kenny East
06-11-2017, 02:27 AM
Those ones from china are not e-match their connecting lines... Look at the import declaration on the side of the box... Lol nothing flammable, nothing shock sensitive... Just connecting lines... At least that's what the box i got a few years back said.... Any ways it's China, if the cash is there, they don't care.... Same thing with quick match in Europe... Some places will even ship that over here... Money talks, everything is legal as long as you have the money.... May not be legal here though... But you can still buy it!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-11-2017, 06:25 AM
Those ones from china are not e-match their connecting lines... Look at the import declaration on the side of the box... Lol nothing flammable, nothing shock sensitive... Just connecting lines... At least that's what the box i got a few years back said....

Kind of makes you wonder just how shock sensitive e-match really is if we have planes carrying the stuff over here (and likely to Europe too) all the time, and you never hear about an accident that's been traced back to e-match. Have we been lucky all this time, or is e-match really not as sensitive as the BATF makes it out to be?

Bazerk
06-11-2017, 06:57 AM
Kind of makes you wonder just how shock sensitive e-match really is if we have planes carrying the stuff over here (and likely to Europe too) all the time, and you never hear about an accident that's been traced back to e-match. Have we been lucky all this time, or is e-match really not as sensitive as the BATF makes it out to be?

Comes by boat Im pretty sure.

hillbilly
06-11-2017, 07:54 AM
don,t think they dip them in same stuff we do

PyroJoeNEPA
06-11-2017, 03:04 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Some questions should not be asked Grasshopper!

Pyro@Mach13
06-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Some questions should not be asked Grasshopper!

exactly! shhhh... you big dummy you... (said in my best Fred G Sanford voice)/

Kenny East
06-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Yeah their about as sensitive as a strike anywhere match... Still not as dangerous as lithium batteries, especially the newer ones... Squeeze or dent the side and poof instant fire bomb... It's kinda like consumer salutes, consumer quick match... Everyone knows it's out there...