do not post what fireworks that are. but your stance on the matter

displayfireworks1
06-09-2017, 10:41 PM
I made a video about this subject.
From 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnlLhvtDgmA

Kenny East
06-10-2017, 03:15 AM
I've never seen a consumer salute... You mean a report shell... I'm of the belief that they shouldn't be banned... Maybe regulated a bit like make them 1.4 pro or articles pyrotechnic... With the internet being the wealth of information it is... Anyone can find every thing they need to try to make salutes... I would rather see some people buy them rather than try mixing a bunch of flash without knowledge of how to handle it... Every one knows their out there, and every time one gets black losted, a replacement hits the market the following year... New label, new name but still the fireworks everyone wants... Also it would probably bring down the price a bit, so let's legalize them

chriskrc
06-10-2017, 06:56 AM
I've never seen a consumer salute... You mean a report shell... I'm of the belief that they shouldn't be banned... Maybe regulated a bit like make them 1.4 pro or articles pyrotechnic... With the internet being the wealth of information it is... Anyone can find every thing they need to try to make salutes... I would rather see some people buy them rather than try mixing a bunch of flash without knowledge of how to handle it... Every one knows their out there, and every time one gets black losted, a replacement hits the market the following year... New label, new name but still the fireworks everyone wants... Also it would probably bring down the price a bit, so let's legalize them

I second that kenny. Even if they are just black powder and not titanium salutes. It would be better to legalize them instead of someone trying to make them and seriously injuring themselves.

vegassalute
06-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Totally agree with both of you. The volatility of those chemicals in inexperienced hands, I don't even like to think about it. The break charge on some of the better 1.4 canister shells out there is pretty substantial, sort of "salute-esque." Why not allow consumer salutes. I'm sure this is going to be a spirited debate but I say allow them under a pro or articles category. My $.02.

ras1986
06-10-2017, 02:33 PM
C'mon yall... There are tons of 1.4 FLASH salutes out there. We all know this.... just because it's a grey area doesn't mean they are illegal. They say 1.4 on them. Me and you and the distributors can't get in trouble if caught with these. Only guy taking risk is the importer. Some of these canister salutes sound like lidu blue thunder 3 inch shells.

Kenny East
06-11-2017, 02:21 AM
C'mon yall... There are tons of 1.4 FLASH salutes out there. We all know this.... just because it's a grey area doesn't mean they are illegal. They say 1.4 on them. Me and you and the distributors can't get in trouble if caught with these. Only guy taking risk is the importer. Some of these canister salutes sound like lidu blue thunder 3 inch shells.

Some of the preloaded single shots I've seen could have been a 3" blue thunder salute.... Lol.. I've never heard of any of my fireworks guys getting busted for selling any boot leg products but, we all know that once a brand of shells, rockets, or firecrackers that are good make it in the public eye, they disappear... Some times they appear next year with a different name or color scheme... It's because once they get found, those importers don't want to risk bringing in know boot leg 1.3 products.. If they put them in articles pyrotechnic then there wouldn't be that issue for the importers...

chriskrc
06-11-2017, 08:20 AM

Yes we know they are there but why doesseem like they almost have to be hidden. Look at kenny's post, you find them under one name and then they disappear and come back as something else. I say avoid that b.s. and just make a legal salute weather its a cake or shells ( preferably canister shells ).

jknepp1954
06-12-2017, 07:23 AM
The importer takes alot of RISK in bringing these in yes. But also the distributors of said OL products also takes somewhat of risk. We have been inspected a few times over the course of 19 years. Each time they take a look at my product on the retail shelving. twice they took product off my shelf for TESTIN. The products they took for testing was put on a HOLD. The one product they released said ok the other one (a single shot tking type) was told to pull and DESTROY - much paperwork to fill out by the authorities and many photos. We bought these from another importer.
You all keep saying they are not illegal as they have 1.4g on label. Since when is "BABY B" products legal? If any of you went to PGI last summer and know what went on in the C vendors area - you know what i mean!!!

PyroDre
06-12-2017, 11:23 AM
just curious

how do the tannerite cakes compare to salutes. are they just as loud?

i have a case of tannerite 25shot cakes.. never lit them

flashfuse
06-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Many Years ago , In the early 90s , Brothers came out with a consumer Salute Kit Called
Violence Ammunition , it was around for 1 year and then gone.............

displayfireworks1
06-12-2017, 06:54 PM
I am going to to close this thread, if you want salutes get an ATF license, make them or search around, they are out there.