PDA

View Full Version : HDPE Mine Tubes

Bob B
06-06-2017, 01:49 PM
I'm going to be making HDPE Mine Tubes does anybody have any recommendations on length? These are for Tube diameters 2 inch all the way to 6 inch.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-06-2017, 06:36 PM
The shorter the tube the wider the mine will spread out. For a 3" piston mine my tubes are 10". Take into consideration the thickness of the bottom plug, and the length of the mine you have around 6" of tube above the mine. They can be longer--I have fired mines out of regular length tubes with very good results. No need to make special mine tubes unless you have some left over HDPE pipe laying around. The biggest mine tube I have is for 5" & they are about a foot long. I don't use them too often---mines that big are "star hogs". LOL.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-06-2017, 06:37 PM
The shorter the tube the wider the mine will spread out. For a 3" piston mine my tubes are 10". Take into consideration the thickness of the bottom plug, and the length of the mine you have around 6" of tube above the mine. They can be longer--I have fired mines out of regular length tubes with very good results. No need to make special mine tubes unless you have some left over HDPE pipe laying around. The biggest mine tube I have is for 5" & they are about a foot long. I don't use them too often---mines that big are "star hogs". LOL.

BTW--what part of PA are you in?

Bob B
06-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Southwestern

Bob B
06-06-2017, 11:31 PM
The first batch are going to be 3 inch by 10 inch an inch and a half plug

Kenny East
06-07-2017, 02:50 PM
I usually use regular tubes 18" for 3s and 2s... Unless I'm making the tubes out of cardboard, then i cut to different lengths... I've made them 8 inches long with a 1.5" plug for 2" and about 10" long for 3"