View Full Version : South Carolina 1.3g laws ???

JamesFitts
06-04-2017, 10:21 PM
I am looking to get my ATF license. I live in South Carolina. Just want to be able to get some nicer cakes, quick match, and a few shells to add to my families annual show. Upon contacting The state fire marshals office, I have been informed that even if I get my license and have a magazine, I would still be unable to legally use any 1.3g with out permits. To get a permit you have to have a state licensed shooter, permit application fee, and proof of insurance of no less than 100K.

Is there anyone who understands the laws here in South Carolina well enough to verify this information.

As it stands, if what the fire marshal office is telling me, it's not worth it to try and get my atf license.

Thank you

Pyro@Mach13
06-05-2017, 08:49 AM
The Fire Marshall would be the one who knows.

displayfireworks1
06-05-2017, 08:55 AM
I'm curious, did you purchase my ATF/DVD package? To me it sounds like you did not. If you keep calling all these people before you become ATF licensed what do you expect them to tell you. The safe answer on the phone for the regulatory people to tell you on the phone is "NO". My guess is you also misinterpreted some of the conversation. Don't assume a knowledgeable person answer the phone when you called either. When you pursue pyrotechnics as a hobby and wait for everyone to tell you "Yes" , you may never be able to purse pyrotechnics.

Pyropug
06-06-2017, 04:18 PM
I am looking to get my ATF license. I live in South Carolina. Just want to be able to get some nicer cakes, quick match, and a few shells to add to my families annual show. Upon contacting The state fire marshals office, I have been informed that even if I get my license and have a magazine, I would still be unable to legally use any 1.3g with out permits. To get a permit you have to have a state licensed shooter, permit application fee, and proof of insurance of no less than 100K.

Is there anyone who understands the laws here in South Carolina well enough to verify this information.

As it stands, if what the fire marshal office is telling me, it's not worth it to try and get my atf license.

Thank you

It's probably in his best interest to tell you that, simple answer and he can get on with his day. As for license you don't need your own storage, have a contingency storage available, you can have more than one btw. Contingency storage makes everything easier. Once you get the permit then worry about shooting/displays.

That's if you want the license bad enough. I do perfectly fine without one, I don't care about boom! Like some guys do. I'm into pyromusicals mostly and I'm able to get 1.4 pro here.