PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Spirit of 76 pyro-musical

displayfireworks1
05-30-2017, 06:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADCYDolveaM
Dave:

Really enjoy your You-Tube Videos. I have learned so much from you....

I am attempting to do a pyro-musical for my family and friends on July 4th. We ordered our fireworks from Spirit of 76 and I also watch a lot of their YouTube videos. There is a guy “XXXXX XXXXX” that works for them that wrote a pyro-musical for the American Truck Repair presents a Salute to America in July 2016. Within that show, the finale is Celine Dion’s “God Bless America”. We have ordered everything from XXX XXXXX at Spirit of 76 that we think we need except to do this pyro-musical except for the electronic ignitors for the Cobra 18M’s.

I have Talons that I ordered from Scott Smith from Cobra Firing system, but now I realize (thanks to your YouTube video talking about 76’s proline) that when I am shooting 76 pro-line, it is better to use ignitors with the Twist Lock Shroud or an e-match using their special port. I’m not very knowledgeable on what practice might be the best for the pyro-musical…. We are not going to do the same exact show, we are scaling it down quite a bit, therefore I created a new “scalable script” using the Cobra Show Creator (attached). When I used the Cobra Show Creator, I’m confused when it comes to the “pre-ignite time” and the “lift time”. I know the “pre-ignite time” varies depending on what ignitor I use, but also where I should connect the ignitor.

Because a pyro-musical’s timing needs to be exact, I am wondering what times I need to use in the Cobra-Show Creator, and what the best practices are for firing these fireworks. I have the script attached and the you-tube video attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgbn7vPCys&feature=youtu.be&t=8m
Once I can break through the understanding of what igniters to use and what “pre-ignite time” and “lift time” to use, I feel I will be successful with this pyro-musical. I’m thankful for your videos and any help you can give me.

Have a great afternoon!

XXXX XXXXXXX phone number withheld

James76
05-30-2017, 07:58 PM
Thanks for posting this Dave, you were right - people do want prescripted Cobra shows. Ours are still in development.

Probably smarter people on here can answer this question, but I will give it a go so someone else can come back and tell me what I said that was wrong. I believe 'pre-ignite time' refers to how long it takes from the igniter going off to the lift charge going off. If you are ematching directly to the lift charge, this will be 0 or close to it. If you are clipping talons on the fuse this might be seconds. 'Lift-time' would refer to the time from when the lift charge goes off to when the shell breaks. This might be seconds for an aerial shell, or it might be close to 0 for gerbs, flames, etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Shooter
05-31-2017, 12:32 PM
James76 is correct in his definition of pre and lift times. I know that under settings>event in CSC, there is a box to uncheck if using initiators or ematch. I could be mistaken, but I think when this setting is unchecked, CSC takes into account the times needed automatically. I'm scripting a show now and those two columns do not appear on my screen.

Bazerk
05-31-2017, 01:23 PM
As much as I would love to see this type of thing happen, I think there is a bit more to it than you may be thinking of. Instead of selling pyromusicals based on price, I would categorize it based on numbers of modules. Secondly, Im not sure people really understand how many ques a proper pyromusical actually uses, let alone the cost of the fireworks needed to fill those cues. I would start by fist selling scripted shows because then it will require less mods and allow people to buy based on price instead of buying based on the equipment they may or may not have yet. When it comes to the 4th of July, money is very little of a factor for me, but I know that is not the case for a lot of people so I am only suggesting this because I would hate to see Spirit invest a lot of time without maximizing the return. Once people start buying prescripted shows, they can slowly add to their module collections and get into larger prescripted shows and eventually into pyromusicals. I may be wrong as I have never done a pyromusical myself, but I look at beats in a song as being a que on my module. Am I wrong?

displayfireworks1
05-31-2017, 02:09 PM
Yes your right , a fireworks distributor can’t sell the music to go with it either. The basic 5 minute to 20 minute display would be the way to go. Then list how many modules are needed for each selection. An example would be a 5 minute display is 3 modules, 10 minute display is 5 modules etc.
Here is something some of you guys can put together and offer it for sale to one of the fireworks distributors. It would have to be based exclusively on their product only. You would also have to provide video of the display. Then write up the instructions to set it up. Maybe even print the labels and include them as part of the package. Now he comes the important part if you want to do this. You are going to need to provide your name, email and phone number. Why, the distributor does not have time to answer any question that will surely occur when customers set this up. If you are able to provide the customer service to go along with your creation, the distributor may find value in that.

Bazerk
05-31-2017, 02:25 PM
I would imagine that one could write up some pretty self explanatory instructions for this Dave. Hell, I would make a video which will cover all version of scripted shows. The difficult part will be differentiating problems due to product vs problems with the cobra gear which spirit would want nothing to do with as its no their product. You would also have to make sure that your customers are using the 18R2 remote because the 18R doesn't allow scripting.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-31-2017, 04:27 PM
I'm trying to get my brain wrapped around how a novice is going to take this "pyro-musical in a box" and wire it all together and make it work. I would think that someone who already has that much Cobra gear; including an audiobox and associated audio equipment; is already inclined to do the work themselves. The guy or gal looking for this type of scripted show, is likely to be unable to even comprehend how it would be wired together, let alone own the gear necessary to do it. Any such show package would likely require a fee for technicians to head to the site and set it up using rented Cobra gear.

Bazerk
05-31-2017, 04:35 PM
The wiring part is easy. The toughest part of a pyromusical is the scripting. Thats not even all that hard, its just time consuming as is scripting a show without music is. The bonus to buying a prescripted show would be the time saved in writing the script. It takes me a couple of hours to script a 20 minute show, but that is because I am meticulous about it and I want to make sure that the product I have firing at the time works well with other items I am firing at the same time. The cobra software makes it pretty easy and if you dont have it, I would highly recommend buying it.