PDA

View Full Version : Perchlorate Quick Match Failures

displayfireworks1
05-28-2017, 10:50 PM
The good news is I still have at least half of the Spirit of 76 Fireworks shipment sent to me. The bad news is I had near 50 % failure firing the first half using the red quick match connected to e-match. It will not reliable transfer the fire to Visco fuse. That fuse needs removed from the market. Here is a short unlisted clip from the future video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npYll9nWiUI

Kenny East
05-29-2017, 01:40 AM
That's not cool, i made a bunch of your e-match to visco by quick match transfers but I'm using the old style stuff... Buying another bundle of QM with my 1.3 order... Going to check it out before i pay... If it's gray... I will have them pull it from my order, thanks for the heads up

Fire Art
05-29-2017, 04:15 PM
Kenny, if you are getting it from ACE you have nothing to worry about

Kenny East
05-29-2017, 05:07 PM

Sounds good, i want to see how sensitive the gray quick match is, seen a video of a guy setting it off with a hammer

Rocketshooter
05-30-2017, 09:47 AM
If you are using ematch, use a poke and stick is right into the cake. That would eliminate you your
transfer problem.

Pyro@Mach13
05-30-2017, 11:11 AM

Cool to know...

Kenny East
05-31-2017, 12:29 AM
So is the grey quick match 1.3 or 1.4... Just seen some 1.4 QM for sale

displayfireworks1
05-31-2017, 07:13 AM
Don't be distracted by the classification or so called classification. My experience has been if it is Red or Blue outer wrapper , it is this perchlorate junk. That is how you sell this junk. You call it non-regulated.

PyroDre
05-31-2017, 10:29 AM
If you are using ematch, use a poke and stick is right into the cake. That would eliminate you your
transfer problem.

yep that's what i do

countryboy7978
05-31-2017, 12:16 PM
transfer problem.

Just make sure you observe the following....

#1 Do not have your head or any other body part over the cake when poking or inserting the ignitor.
#2 Do this outdoors only with a clear path to the sky. Your garage or car port is not outdoors.
#3 Do not remove the shroud from the ignitor. It can increase the amount of potential friction you introduce.

If the match fires for any reason, the cake will discharge immediately. If you follow the rules you might need to change shorts but you'll still have your face and your home.

Kenny East
05-31-2017, 02:45 PM
Yeah i seen a video of a guy matching a comet when it went off... He had the shroud pulled off the head... Dave i understand how loose the regulations and labeling are, my curiosity is are they trying to find a way around laws that regulate who can buy quick match... Or is it just a cost saving thing