PDA

View Full Version : Favorite brand 2.5" shells

Kenny East
05-26-2017, 05:32 AM
This is the first year I'm using 2.5" shells any recommendations as far as brand, or style... Got lidu, dun pai, and some flower king...to choose from... Most ball shells but lidu has 2.5" cans this year, kinda think they would not have as nice a break... Any thought's?

Rocketshooter
05-26-2017, 08:34 AM
Crown Pyro's 2-1/2 shells have a decent variety, do you deal at all with ACE in Michigan.

Kenny East
05-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Their kinda far away, their 99 miles from my shoot site, and without a magazine... I try to buy closer...

PyroJoeNEPA
05-26-2017, 09:35 AM
We have been using the Dun Pai for the last couple years and they are very nice shells. The "super crackling" are as loud as it gets in a small finale string, and the brocade with color tips are really beautiful. Had issues with leaders of flower king in the past.

Kenny East
05-26-2017, 10:16 AM
I'm leaning towards dun pai versa assortment... Doing their prestige assortment in 3"... I've never shot flower king so that's good to know

Melp
05-30-2017, 04:29 PM
I shoot a lot of flower king and flower basket. we use them for the body of the show. You must be buying out of midland?

Kenny East
05-31-2017, 12:26 AM
I shoot a lot of flower king and flower basket. we use them for the body of the show. You must be buying out of midland?
Southwest mi, most likely,i have 4 distributors of 1.3 within an hour drive of my shoot site

countryboy7978
05-31-2017, 12:29 PM
We have been using the Dun Pai for the last couple years and they are very nice shells. The "super crackling" are as loud as it gets in a small finale string, and the brocade with color tips are really beautiful. Had issues with leaders of flower king in the past.
I've had issues with Dominator leaders too. They would smolder and sometimes go out, other times hang fire. I replaced them with visco and they are fine. The shells are great for color. Crown is amazing for the cost in color Shells. Lidu hands down for noise since my absolute favorite brand (Wuhan) is gone.

Bigjohnson
05-31-2017, 02:02 PM
Southwest mi, most likely,i have 4 distributors of 1.3 within an hour drive of my shoot site

What are the 4? I only know of 2 in sw Michigan but would like to know of the others

Kenny East
05-31-2017, 02:57 PM
What are the 4? I only know of 2 in sw Michigan but would like to know of the others

Fireworks of Indiana... Right on the boarder
American Tradition... Augusta
RKM... Edwardsburg
The 4th one may be out of business... But Hastings family fireworks... Haven't seen their sign up this year

I can also buy from Ace and Wolverine, but their kinda far away