PDA

View Full Version : Show starter

Gibby99hound
05-20-2017, 10:12 PM
So how's everyone start there show out looking for new ideas

PyroManiacs
05-21-2017, 12:13 AM
The way Ive seen it done.... Either a quick volley of color and salutes like a mini finale, or fountains and flashing devices.

Kenny East
05-21-2017, 02:14 AM
I'm using comets/mines for a bright and flashy start of my show.... With some noise fanned over the top

Rick_In_Tampa
05-21-2017, 08:16 AM
This year I'm using two 2' x 8' boards that will have three different types of 200G cakes and red strobes. I'm wiring everything with 10 sec per ft visco. The plan is to have a cheap mini-finale type effect up front to get things going.

Capt.Rob73
05-22-2017, 10:49 PM
Last 4th I used Critical Acclaim mines from World class to start my show. Here's video of the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TK8QubH1zU&t=1s

Icooclast
05-22-2017, 11:19 PM
to be honest, i haven't done shows because when i was younger i was unaware of being able to buy fireworks online (if you even could back then) and being a kid, i didn't have the money to buy a bunch of stuff. so, it was just me and my friends lighting a bunch of stuff. and when i got a big order from 76fireworks i had enough to do that, but my mind was "everyone just grab some stuff and light it"

so, have 15 or so people lighting fireworks at once (both cakes and shells) it seemed like everything we did was a finale for a 1.4G show. and it was a blast but next time i do this, i'm thinking of buying tubes and racks for the artillery shells and launching big groups of them. but if it helps, our town's show every year starts out with a few single shots brocade 1 after the other, then a few of other effects at once and goes more quickened as time passes, then tempos down for a bit into a false finale and repeat with different effects but if it helps, i'd also figure youtube likely has lots of pro and back yard shows on their site

Kenny East
05-23-2017, 12:35 AM
Used to do the grab a light method... Put a bit more planning into it after some one didn't stabilize a 200 gram cake.... First shot put it on it's side... Second shot put a hole in the vinyl siding of my house... The rest shot off into the woods... Besides if your going to spend the money on fireworks, you should be able to watch them a bit, instead of running away from each item as it's lit... Racks are a must have... You can fuse your shells up a head of time and know that who ever lights it, wont have any shells upside down... Or loaded in the wrong tube

TexasPyro110
05-23-2017, 02:26 AM
Over the last few years I've noticed that a lot of people just take the easy route and just throw 30 or so mixed shells in the air and call it a day. But I can tell, since you're looking for new ideas that you like to coordinate effects and want more than just sky puke. So here is what I'm doing this year because I'm just like you. I'm using a total of six 500 gram cakes. For America's Celebration by World Class fusing them together. It will be a barrage of red, white and blue right after the national anthem. Since this cake has a three shot finale it'll be 12 shots all at once at the end. Then, before those finish I'll fire two Mammoth Crackle cakes from dominator at once to fill the sky with nothing but crackle at the end. This is what I'll start with. Hope this helps and gives you some new ideas.

America's Celebration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY4eMPxxd_U

Mammoth Crackle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWeAO_dCJDw

ras1986
05-23-2017, 08:34 PM
I'm sending up 3 cases of 25 shot thinderkings. 36 cakes total

Capt.Rob73
05-26-2017, 05:05 PM
I'm sending up 3 cases of 25 shot thinderkings. 36 cakes total

That should get everybody's attention!

hatsgoods
05-26-2017, 09:58 PM
ill normaly do some strobes like 3 or 5 depending on the size of the shoot site then ill throw up 3 racks of 3 inch shells with the middle rack being all salutes and the outside racks being timed chains of rainbow peonys shells but tie all three chains to light at the same time.