PDA

View Full Version : Hello

rocket_lover
05-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm Carl from Sweden. I've been thinking about joining this forum for a long time and now I'm finally here. :)
I'ven been working with professional fireworks in 7 years but my passion for fireworks been around as long as I can remember. My plan is to go to the PGI convention in Fargo since I will be going to the US in August for three weeks.

displayfireworks1
05-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Carl, thanks for joining the pyrotalk discussion forums. It is great having fireworks professionals from around the world as part of the forums.

Icooclast
05-20-2017, 08:53 PM
great to meet you and welcome to the forums

PyroManiacs
05-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Welcome aboard Carl! Wow... Sweden to Fargo. Now there's some culture shock!

You say you've been working with professional fireworks for 7 years.... Are you on a crew that puts on professional shows over there? Or is your interest strictly personal use types of arrangements?

rocket_lover
05-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Yes, I hope it will be a fun experience. As a member maybe you can answer some questions about the convention. Do you need to pre-register (send in the registration form you find on the website) to join the convention or can you just go there and pay the registration fee on site? I will only be there for 2-3 days but I hope it will be fun.

As a professional I usually work as a freelancer for companies here but I also set up small shows for myself and friends at new years eve and easter just for fun.

displayfireworks1
05-21-2017, 10:42 AM
Last I heard even if you go for one day , you need to purchase a one year membership plus pay the entire convention fee. The convention fee is always an additional cost outside of regular membership cost. You probably can just show up and pay for it all, I am not sure you would want to do that with the distance you are traveling. I understand your position, before you travel that great distance, you need some reassurance you have all the questions answered.
It would be nice if someone from the organization would be around to answer some of these questions on the forums. I often wonder what if anything they do to recruit new PGI members. I never see it.

Kenny East
05-21-2017, 01:46 PM
I didn't go last year, even though it was like an hour away...if I'm going to spend that kind of money, i better be getting some boom or something to set off some booms. It would be fun to go but i would rather spend the money on racks, fireworks or one of my other hobbies

rocket_lover
05-22-2017, 05:11 PM
Thank you all for all answers so far. I anyone knows more you are welcome to send a message or reply. :)
For me I think I will give it a try anyway since I want to experience something else than setting up a traditional outdoor firework display (like I do 5-10 times each year). If it is worth the money? I don't know but I will for sure be there, that's the plan for now. In scandinavia as I know we don't have any pyrotechnic convention at all and that's just one reason to go there if you ask me.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Yes, I hope it will be a fun experience. As a member maybe you can answer some questions about the convention. Do you need to pre-register (send in the registration form you find on the website) to join the convention or can you just go there and pay the registration fee on site? I will only be there for 2-3 days but I hope it will be fun.

Carl - The POC for the convention is Julie Wozniak. PGI Membership Services Manager. You can get a hold of her at julie@thewozniakgroup.com. She's brand new to the position this year, and she helped me get my membership application processed. I'm sure she can help.

djsmurf
05-22-2017, 10:18 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Carl!

Northern Sky
05-22-2017, 10:40 PM
You can wait to join the PGI and register on site but there is a discount for earlier registration and journals are sent out through the year. It is done by calendar year so get it in if you plan on attending.

rocket_lover
05-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Carl - The POC for the convention is Julie Wozniak. PGI Membership Services Manager. You can get a hold of her at julie@thewozniakgroup.com. She's brand new to the position this year, and she helped me get my membership application processed. I'm sure she can help.

Thanks Rick, I will ask her.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

infante0216
05-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Hello there!!