PDA

View Full Version : 6 cue homemade firing system

Kenny East
05-18-2017, 02:39 PM
My 6 cue firing system from last year... Uses phone line and phone line ports to connect to igniters in the field.... Two 9volt batteries power it... Led continuity with safety switches for each cue... Cost about $12 to build, not including the pencil box...

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2165&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2166&stc=1

nayslayer
05-18-2017, 02:58 PM
wow, thats pretty neat.

displayfireworks1
05-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Some guys will do anything to save $100.00 LOL . I always like to say that when I see a homemade firing system. I actually featured a few homemade systems over the years in my videos. One I featured the guy was selling them on Ebay and people were buying them after I used one in my videos. Come to think of it , I still have that system. I'm sure there is certain satisfaction in building one of these. Thanks for posting.
Not sure who all is old enough to remember the build your own radio kit that Radio Shack used to sell back in the day, it was a great project for teenagers. Someone should make a build your own fireworks firing system with that similar concept. I think it would sell.

Kenny East
05-18-2017, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I've made like 4 different ones... Got a 30 cue nail board system... A 4 cue wireless, and I'm currently making a expandable wifi system... Using an arduino mega.... Gotta get all the programming done on that one.... But i bought a few different import systems... Was looking at a cobra, maybe next year

Kenny East
05-19-2017, 05:23 AM
When i get some pics of the nail board system i will put it on here... It's my favorite home made system... Kinda sad radio shack went out of business in my area... Now i have to order all my components online

chriskrc
05-19-2017, 06:52 AM
Pretty innovative Kenny, like the ideas a lot. Keep up the good work

Kenny East
05-19-2017, 08:30 AM
One of my wireless import modules... In a poly carbonate casehttp://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2167&stc=1

Kenny East
05-19-2017, 08:32 AM
The top of my 30 cue nail board... I will get the stylus out in a later pic...http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2168&stc=1

JoeR
05-19-2017, 05:44 PM
I think it is a good thing for somebody to make something like that because then it gives a better understanding of how it all works, which can help in troubleshooting problems on the shootsite, whether it is with that home built system, or even a professional system. Somebody is a little more valuable if they know how to diagnose a problem other than shoving wires in holes and hoping for the best.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-19-2017, 07:45 PM
That's awesome. I hate you guys that can do that. Lol. I wouldn't know where to even begin.

Great job!!

Kenny East
05-20-2017, 03:54 AM
That's awesome. I hate you guys that can do that. Lol. I wouldn't know where to even begin.

Great job!!

Are you the rick in tamp with the one fuse fireworks show video on YouTube?... My firing system building started with one of my other hobbies.... Model rockets... Wanted to be able to launch more than one or two at a time.... Outside of firing systems for fireworks the only option at the time was to build one... My club had a huge 100 rocket desktop set up for launching rockets.... Every system i build now gets a little more advanced... As i learn more about electronics and programming... You can learn anything on the internet now days

Rick_In_Tampa
05-21-2017, 08:43 AM
That sounds like me, yes. My show was all visco last year. The Internet is a great place to learn things. I've saved myself a few $$ fixing my dryer and car watching You Tube videos. I'm probably going to stay away from electronics though. I've put up a few ceiling fans in my house and none of them work by flipping on the light switch anymore. Electronics just isn't my thing.

Capt.Rob73
05-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Some guys will do anything to save $100.00 LOL . I always like to say that when I see a homemade firing system. I actually featured a few homemade systems over the years in my videos. One I featured the guy was selling them on Ebay and people were buying them after I used one in my videos. Come to think of it , I still have that system. I'm sure there is certain satisfaction in building one of these. Thanks for posting.
Not sure who all is old enough to remember the build your own radio kit that Radio Shack used to sell back in the day, it was a great project for teenagers. Someone should make a build your own fireworks firing system with that similar concept. I think it would sell.

I built a multimeter kit from radio shack when I was a Sophomore in high school, it lasted about 20 years.

Last year I was thinking about building a nail board firing system, but I ended up buying a 12 Que Chinese system off eBay for $23 free shipping. I may buy another one so I have 24 Ques.

Kenny East
05-23-2017, 12:21 AM
I built a multimeter kit from radio shack when I was a Sophomore in high school, it lasted about 20 years.

Last year I was thinking about building a nail board firing system, but I ended up buying a 12 Que Chinese system off eBay for $23 free shipping. I may buy another one so I have 24 Ques.

Depending on which 12 cue system you got, you could look at getting one of the larger remotes and pair your old modules with it... Happiness firing systems has a 1200 cue remote made to pair with the cheap 4 cue modules...

Capt.Rob73
05-23-2017, 11:06 PM
Depending on which 12 cue system you got, you could look at getting one of the larger remotes and pair your old modules with it... Happiness firing systems has a 1200 cue remote made to pair with the cheap 4 cue modules...

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!