PDA

View Full Version : Check this out. Hope the APA lobbyists are working on it.

RalphieJ
05-12-2017, 09:29 AM
Hopefully Trump will drain the swamp at the EPA.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2015/06/30/fireworks-air-quality/29509259/#

PyroManiacs
05-12-2017, 12:00 PM
So they are worried about a 1 day spike? Thats ridiculous.

nayslayer
05-12-2017, 12:48 PM
I'm going to smoke a cigar and ponder this one too.

FlyingDutchman
05-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Now tell them to do a study, of the air I breathe while sitting in traffic. lol

RalphieJ
05-12-2017, 04:25 PM
So they are worried about a 1 day spike? Thats ridiculous.

We've got a whole bunch of new hipsters in our town (up from Brooklyn) and they're determined to change everything we life-long locals love. We have one show a year, but the minor league ball team has 2 or more a week when they're playing at home (how'd you like to have that gig?). This one malcontented misanthropic miscreant wants to ban our only show and limit the stadium's shows because of "pollution". He's already contacted council members about it.

chriskrc
05-12-2017, 05:17 PM
We've got a whole bunch of new hipsters in our town (up from Brooklyn) and they're determined to change everything we life-long locals love. We have one show a year, but the minor league ball team has 2 or more a week when they're playing at home (how'd you like to have that gig?). This one malcontented misanthropic miscreant wants to ban our only show and limit the stadium's shows because of "pollution". He's already contacted council members about it.

And that's why I say nyc needs to be its own entity and those people should never leave there. That's the entire issue with ny state, they move upstate and try to ruin our way of life because they cant handle how we live up here.

Icooclast
05-12-2017, 06:17 PM
some people are gonna hate me for saying this, but if someone is suggesting we get rid of fireworks just because it's bad for the environment, then i i say ONLY when they get rid of smoking, because that effects your health and the environment more than what a little bit of fireworks do a few days a year oh and what about all the factories in the US? i live in Ohio and it's considered the most polluted state in the US, so they should clean that crap up before tackling small potatoes and focuse on creating things that don't run off of fossil fuels.

PyroManiacs
05-12-2017, 07:34 PM
some people are gonna hate me for saying this, but if someone is suggesting we get rid of fireworks just because it's bad for the environment, then i i say ONLY when they get rid of smoking, because that effects your health and the environment more than what a little bit of fireworks do a few days a year oh and what about all the factories in the US? i live in Ohio and it's considered the most polluted state in the US, so they should clean that crap up before tackling small potatoes and focuse on creating things that don't run off of fossil fuels.

Let me be the first one to say that I totally agree.

displayfireworks1
05-12-2017, 07:56 PM
That is that old played out pollution crap story they run every year. They will be bringing out the watermelons to blow up next.

Kenny East
05-13-2017, 03:55 AM
Drop in the bucket... Just everything else in life... It's bad for your health to live... You can't do anything in life that wont have an impact on the environment or others... Fireworks are just a very small % of available particulate pollution... Some people just want to kill other people's fun

bohicarlp
05-13-2017, 07:43 AM
Well, I just flatulated. Carbon emissions and pollution levels have just spiked in my county. Are people gonna try and tax and ban that?

PGH_Pyro
05-13-2017, 04:27 PM
that article is 2 years old ... fireworks do add to the air pollution but not as much as industrial emissions and diesel vehicle emissions.
ban diesel vehicles is what I say . that exhaust is toxic and has lead in it . here, in Pgh, they're replacing the older diesel city busses with electric and/or lpg type power.

PyroManiacs
05-13-2017, 05:09 PM
in Pgh, they're replacing the older diesel city busses with electric and/or lpg type power.

They started doing this in Philly a few years back as well.

hillbilly
05-14-2017, 11:22 AM
look over head the planes that fly everday and what they put out

DexTee
05-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Just like the government is trying to tax cattle farmers for their animals' toxic farts, they would also only likely put a "luxury" tax on fireworks, kinda like the gas-guzzler tax on some automobiles. However, these taxes inevitably won't do shit about the pollutions/emissions/"toxins", but I digress ... and will now blow something up into the sky.

PYRODAN
05-14-2017, 10:17 PM
Since 2007, all over the road diesel engines are "near zero emission engines". Of course, that added about $20k to the cost of the truck. Not to mention the constant EXPENSIVE repairs to the emissions system. This drives the cost of everything up as everything is moved by truck at some point.