PDA

View Full Version : Ground Flare/Smoke Element

kinterke
05-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Forgive me if this question is answered someone on the forums, but I did a search and couldn't find it.

I am looking for a ground flare/smoke element for my fireworks pyromusical. I see them in others shows, but I don't know what they are using. Can someone point me in the right directions?

Also, for the strobe effect, are these just the stobes you can buy at the "purple store"? or are they typically articles of pyrotechnics?

Thanks,

Ken

PyroJoeNEPA
05-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Look at Spirit of 76 and Dominator for "Flame Pots" and also "Strobe Pots" in the 1.4Pro series.
They have visco fuses, but it is a simple process to ematch the item. I hope this helps.
The smoke is an unwanted byproduct of the units burning. I don't think you were also asking about a ground based smoke bomb?

RalphieJ
05-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Last year I purchased Dominator strobe pots from a tent across the road from the "purple store" as you say, in Pa. They were just as good as the 1.3 strobes that I had a few years ago, albeit with a little shorter duration.

esgrillo
05-05-2017, 05:07 AM
I have used a smoke/strobe element several times. I get them both from 76. You can see how I fuse them at the 7 sec mark in the video. The effect goes off right at the start of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FVwaBCU2VQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1