PDA

View Full Version : Finding Supplier

UbberPYRO
05-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Im in East TN Knoxville area and i got Daves ATF package but im in need of finding a supplier near me to see if they offer storage and sales of 1.3.. any help would be great

ras1986
05-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Nite lites in kentucky!

UbberPYRO
05-05-2017, 04:58 PM
thats an 8 hr drive for me really need to find something closer

shake the cove
05-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Let me know when you get your ATF license . Try Pyro Shows in Lafollette. If you live in knox county may be tough. They don't allow even fireworks sales. That is why the Fireworks Superstore on I-40 next to split with I-75 is just over the knox city line. If ATF is only holding you up on storage let me know.

UbberPYRO
05-06-2017, 04:20 AM
yes im in knox county in farragut just 1 mile for i40 split and didnt know if pyro shows sold any product even with ATf licence and if they offer storage... i miss the boomsday they did for years and would love to get into shooting shows... maybe after Mr jacobs gets in office i contact him on lifting the firing ban for the county...if not i will shoot in loudon or at norris lake, but yes i want to be able to show storage available to help with licence.

shake the cove
05-06-2017, 11:07 AM
You just missed the demo and new pyro inservice at Pyro shows last weekend. They may sell you a show but you need the state shooters[pyrotechnician ]license. They do run a course similar to PGI from American Pyrotechnician Association APA ,its a all day course and that qualifies you for your state license after you show that you have helped on 3 shows. It used to be the 2nd or third week of may. Pick up the PGI{ Pyrotechnics Guild International] display fireworks certification study guide cost $50 and you do not need to be a member. The APA course mimics the PGI and the info you need. The hard part is locating 3 shoots to help on. Unfortunately Pyro shows was not very helpful to set me up to get experience . They seem to have kids in their 20's in charge of most of that and did not seem to efficient. I had asked them 2 yrs in a row that I could assist on any show within 2 hours of knoxville,not much help.
FYI both Nite Light in KY and Cassabella in Indiana are your best best to get product or Lynch in Cincinnati all are part of Dave's advertisers. Cassabella is having their demo may 20th 300miles from you 4.5 hr drive.You can assist on their set up all day saturday and get some experience.Most of the shoots I have parcipitated in were 2-3 hrs drive from home.Cassabella is 5.5 hour drive with stops for me and 300 miles.
As Dave as mentioned before on this forum get experience in advancing this hobby get your state license. Once you get that we can meet and talk about contigency storage at my facility,I am only 1 hour drive from you.
PS I am going to the Cassabella demo,leaving friday nite and returning on Sunday. If you are game maybe we can share a ride.

shake the cove
05-06-2017, 11:15 AM
PS again look under Lynch demo nite on this forum I am Matt from tennessee that he video interviewed at the Lynch demo nite

GulfPyro
05-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Do yall know of any suppilers around the southeast Texas -Louisiana-Oklahoma area

GulfPyro
06-05-2017, 06:55 AM
I have my Type 54 and a Texas shooters FPO.

displayfireworks1
06-05-2017, 07:13 AM
At GulfPyro, you just missed the Casabella 1.3 delivery to Texas. You probably need to do some networking with other Pyro's in your area. I can't sell fireworks for companies not part of pyrotalk. But the good news is, pyrotalk to open to all companies that want to sign up to be part of it. You may need to purchase that book that list all the fireworks distributors in USA. Or at least most of them.
At UbberPyro, you need to start attending these fireworks demos and trainings we mention. Particularly the open shoots, there are enthusiast licensed based on just attending the open shoots , buying fireworks and shooting them at the demo. Once you are licensed for any purpose , you are licensed for three years. You have to do more than make phone calls, take a day or two off and show up at these events. For example if you were at the Lynch Demo, I was there and could have explained all of this to you.

PyroDre
06-05-2017, 11:19 AM
same problem I'm having in east Tennessee

no suppliers in the area

displayfireworks1
06-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Do you have an external unoccupied building or even a shed. Like the magazine example in my most recent video. Everyone should know , it is actually the harder route to get ATF licensed using your own magazine first. The easier way is to get licensed with contingency, then once you are licensed you get your own small magazine. Like I keep saying it is opposite to the way it was taught over the years. Some areas have more 1.3 dealers than others. Also there are 1.3 dealers out there that do not know how to market themselves or their business to let someone know they are out there selling 1.3 fireworks.

Kenny East
06-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Do you have an external unoccupied building or even a shed. Like the magazine example in my most recent video. Everyone should know , it is actually the harder route to get ATF licensed using your own magazine first. The easier way is to get licensed with contingency, then once you are licensed you get your own small magazine. Like I keep saying it is opposite to the way it was taught over the years. Some areas have more 1.3 dealers than others. Also there are 1.3 dealers out there that do not know how to market themselves or their business to let someone know they are out there selling 1.3 fireworks.

I just found a distributor that's like 2 miles from my shoot site.... They have no billboards, no signs... Just a business card. Wouldn't know half of what products are being sold if it wasn't for demos...

PyroDre
06-05-2017, 02:48 PM
same problem I'm having in east Tennessee

no suppliers in the area
I mean west TN

GulfPyro
06-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Displayfireworks1, yes I know I talked to Harrison and we are gonna try n get some of his product next time he comes down. There are few places down here but for 1 their prices are high n they don't have great customer service that casabella has. It's just gonna take some time to find ppl In the area that want to buy 1.3 product. Thanks again for the help!!