PDA

View Full Version : The 4th is shaping up!

South Carolina Mike
04-30-2017, 06:54 PM
Thanks to Dave, pyrotalk.com and his sponsors, I have made my first wholesale purchase!
A special shout out to John Sorgi at American Wholesale Fireworks, first load arrived perfect!
44 cakes ready to go!http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2125&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2126&stc=1

Kenny East
05-01-2017, 12:50 AM
Still gotta get the rest of my 1.4 shells/cakes... Kinda wish i didn't have to wait until the 4th for the 1.3, hour drive to get it, and a few hours to set up... Getting close though

Northern Sky
05-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Were you at the demo Saturday night?

They do one heck of a job with their 1.4 Pyromusical at the end of the demo.

They prove that the best way so "spice up a display" is through planning and choreography.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Looks good Mike!! Great start to the 4th.

jamisonlm3
05-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Mike, looks like you backed your truck up, cut the shrink wrap and unloaded everthing. Did you have to wriggle between other pallets? I keep imagining picking up my order from a flatbed, but an enclosed trailer like that one would have better security. Thinking about it, I'm not even sure they'd ship fireworks on a flatbed, so I'm worried about nothing.

chriskrc
05-01-2017, 01:39 PM
That sir is a great looking start to the 4th of July.

South Carolina Mike
05-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Looks good Mike!! Great start to the 4th.

Thanks Rick!
Yes, just the start, I need 160 canister shells next! :)
And the more I go I think I should have followed your lead and ordered 3 mods instead of 1! Glad my girlfriend is into it, it's getting expensive!

South Carolina Mike
05-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Mike, looks like you backed your truck up, cut the shrink wrap and unloaded everthing. Did you have to wriggle between other pallets? I keep imagining picking up my order from a flatbed, but an enclosed trailer like that one would have better security. Thinking about it, I'm not even sure they'd ship fireworks on a flatbed, so I'm worried about nothing.

You don't have to worry about the shipping, these guys are pros! They load the truck front to back with the last stop of the run up front and the first stop of the run on the back and everything in between is staged in stop order. When Terry opened up the door, there it was, my beautiful shrink wrapped pallet of joy! He picked it up with a pallet jack and brought it to the back of the truck, he cut the shrink wrap and handed down every case, I never stepped foot in the truck.
So don't sweat it, order from one of Dave's wholesale advertisers and enjoy!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Thanks Rick!
Yes, just the start, I need 160 canister shells next! :)
And the more I go I think I should have followed your lead and ordered 3 mods instead of 1! Glad my girlfriend is into it, it's getting expensive!

If I really started considering the money involved in my show, it would scare me to death! I paid more for shipping this year than I did for my entire show just 4 years ago.

I take comfort in the fact that regardless of how much I spend, my friend always spends twice as much. So by comparison, I'm just a little pyro fish. :rolleyes:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

160 cans will make a nice finale!! 200 would be even better. Lol... Just sayin.

jamisonlm3
05-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Loading the truck that way makes sense. I'm still debating on ordering from one of several wholesalers. I want to try out different shells. I may go with multiple wholesalers.

chriskrc
05-03-2017, 05:01 PM
If I really started considering the money involved in my show, it would scare me to death! I paid more for shipping this year than I did for my entire show just 4 years ago.

I take comfort in the fact that regardless of how much I spend, my friend always spends twice as much. So by comparison, I'm just a little pyro fish. :rolleyes:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

160 cans will make a nice finale!! 200 would be even better. Lol... Just sayin.

160 plus cans will be a nice finale.

MontanaMike
05-03-2017, 07:38 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting our 2nd order from wfboom -- our first order last year was flawless, 100% arrival and 100% fired!

My wife is not exactly what you would call "into it" but she knows I love it and so she tolerates it. Plus, she's very thankful that we invested in the Cobra and now we can watch the show in safety and it's over in 20 minutes, vs. a couple hours pre-Cobra. Can't ask for much more than that!

We still need to make a trip to Cheyenne WY to pick up some stuff, (Excals, roman candles) but planning is well underway.

Northern Sky
05-03-2017, 07:41 PM
I sure hope you made it to Gillette when the PGI was there.

afc1902
05-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Thanks! It was great working with you this year Mike! If anyone else is interested let me know and I can get you setup on our site with Pyrotalk Discount and get you a Price List.

Icooclast
05-05-2017, 05:25 AM

everyone of my orders(4 or 5) arrived by semi, just like the one pictured in the photo. 1 time it was even the same company in the picture. i don't think they'd ever ship many things flat bed, because it could get ruined by weather exposure (rain, snow, etc.) the only thing i've seen on flat-beds around here are lumber and construction equipment oh and scrap stuff, like metal/copper, etc. so, i think your safe.

wow, cris. your show is shaping up, hope you enjoy it.

South Carolina Mike
05-10-2017, 04:24 PM
You know it's a great day when this shows up at the house!
A special shout out to Overstock Central Fireworks for their courteous and prompt service!
That's it, racks are built, Cobra in hand, scab wire is here, arsenal is complete for this year! I'll be sure to photograph and video this years 4th of July setup and event to share with you guys!

displayfireworks1
05-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Nice, keep those fireworks deliveries going , you guys are smart , getting your product in early

South Carolina Mike
05-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Nice, keep those fireworks deliveries going , you guys are smart , getting your product in early

Yes,
I need product in hand to start planning my show!

Does your planning table look like mine? LOL!!

chriskrc
05-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Yes,
I need product in hand to start planning my show!

Does your planning table look like mine? LOL!!

That looks very familiar, the laptop with a video of the products with everything written on paper. Pyro minds surely think alike.

Bazerk
05-12-2017, 11:22 AM
I will be crunching my orders and getting them ready for placing them on Monday. Budgeting 6k this year and I am going to be spreading it between Jakes, WFBoom and Lynch. It ought to be a good day. :)