PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Master has a bad chemical day.

displayfireworks1
04-22-2017, 09:45 PM
This is video from my YouTube channel The explanation given to me by the Rocket Master is the new batch of 80 mesh charcoal he purchased at the PGI convention is the cause of the failures of the rocket motors. He said he noticed it appeared different and was more on the air float side. The first rockets were from the last of the old supply of charcoal. Other explanation heard were the charcoal was "too hot" or prior contamination of moisture. I have day time video I may eventually post here on the forums unlisted. It is a shame this occurred. There is something to be said for purity of pyrotechnic chemicals. I put the post in Fireworks Manufacturing since it is a manufacturing related issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ARAtp9HygM

PyroMike79
04-23-2017, 12:48 AM
Dave, were those low breaks actually landing in the parking lot or was that just an illusion caused by the camera location? I am suspecting it was probably an illusion but it is hard to tell. Either way, sorry he had a bad night and kudos to him for putting a halt to the launch once he saw there was a problem. Could not have been a good feeling.

Kenny East
04-23-2017, 04:06 AM
That sucks, but it happens... Even the pros have bad days...was looking forward to the video

Holmes69
04-23-2017, 09:23 AM
Just an illusion, nowhere near the cars.